Investing in our Communities
In Arkansas, we invested nearly $725 million in our wireless and wireline network infrastructure from 2020-2022 to connect more people to greater possibility.
Cities and communities throughout Arkansas are seeing the impacts of this investment, including:
- More than $325 million in the Little Rock area,
- More than $100 million in the Fayetteville area,
- Nearly $35 million in the Hot Springs area, and
- More than $30 million in the Jonesboro area.
We know how important it is for our customers to stay connected through life’s defining moments, whether you’re celebrating or grieving, learning or working, creating or sharing. That’s why we’re focused on boosting network reliability and capacity as we expand our network. We’re working to help residents get the best possible AT&T experience wherever they live, work and play.
Committed to expanding connectivity, our investment focuses on all facets of the network —including fiber, 5G and FirstNet,® Built with AT&T.
- Expanding Access to Fiber: To help meet the demands for reliable, high-speed connections today – and in the future – we’re investing in our fiber network1. With more than 1.3 million strand-miles of fiber optics in Arkansas, AT&T Fiber® is now available to more than 225K customer locations in areas in and around Barling, Batesville, Benton, Bentonville, Bono, Bryant, Cammack Village, Cave Springs, Conway, Fayetteville, Fort Smith, Hot Springs, Jacksonville, Johnson, Jonesboro, Little Rock, Lowell, Maumelle, North Little Rock, Paragould, Rogers, Searcy, Shannon Hills, Sherwood, Springdale, and Tontitown.
- Beyond Arkansas, our fiber is available to 19.7M consumers and more than 3M business customer locations in 100+ U.S. metro areas.
- AT&T Fiber provides speed, reliability and value for consumers and businesses to enhance their internet experience for applications like video conferencing, virtual learning, telehealth, gaming and more.
- Unlocking the Power of 5G: AT&T is America’s Most Reliable 5G Network2, connecting hundreds of millions of Americans to what matters most to them.
- From rural communities to urban areas, our overall wireless voice and data network covers more than 99% of all Americans, including Arkansas.
- We’re working with businesses from manufacturing to healthcare to create new innovations and increase efficiencies with AT&T 5G.
- With 5G+ available in Little Rock, we’re expanding our 5G network across the state so people in communities such as Hope, Dumas, Lepanto and Springdale can have access to reliable connectivity.
- Supporting First Responders by Expanding the Nation’s Public Safety Network: As America’s public safety communications partner, we’re giving more of the public safety community access to their network. With FirstNet, we’re helping connect first responders in more than 170 communities across the state.
- FirstNet includes unique benefits for first responders like always-on priority and preemption, high-quality Band 14 spectrum and a one-of-a-kind 5G experience to keep public safety mission ready.
- We’ve rolled out Band 14 on nearly 800 sites across Arkansas to provide public safety with truly dedicated coverage and capacity when they need it. Areas currently benefiting from Band 14 include Little Rock-North Little Rock, Fort Smith, Fayetteville, Springdale, Madison, and Marion, as well as Clay, Cross, Cleburne, Pope, Franklin, Garland, and Ouachita counties.
At AT&T, we believe every American should be connected to the internet and we’re working with governments and non-profit organizations to make it happen. We’re on track to deliver on our $2B commitment between 2021-2023 to help bridge the digital divide and tackle barriers to broadband access, adoption and affordability.
- We’re committed to providing affordable service for low-income households. The Access from AT&T plan– when combined with the federal Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) – can provide no-cost home internet service for eligible households3,4.
- We created AT&T Connected Learning to invest in digital inclusion, digital literacy and digital learning solutions to help today’s students and their families succeed wherever they learn – at home, in the community and in the classroom.
- With 23 Connected Learning Centers already open across the U.S., we’ve announced plans to reach 50 total centers nationwide, including at Boys & Girls Clubs.
- In Arkansas, we’ve held 7 digital literacy workshops and distributed 266 computers to students and their families as part of our commitment to help bridge the digital divide.
Good news is always great to share. Here are a few highlights from the last year in Arkansas:
- June 28, 2023 | AT&T Boosts Network Speeds for Arkansas: In recent months, AT&T has expanded its 5G network in Arkansas, giving residents, businesses and visitors a big boost in their wireless connectivity. Nearly a dozen new cell towers will enhance AT&T’s coverage and capacity in Conway, Columbia, Faulkner, Grant, Jefferson, Little River, Pulaski, Saline, Sebastian and White counties. Read more.
- July 21, 2023 | AT&T Boosts Network Speeds for Nevada County: AT&T has expanded its 5G network in Nevada County, giving residents, businesses and visitors a big boost in their wireless connectivity. A new cell tower will enhance AT&T’s coverage and capacity in areas along the south side of Prescott, including the vicinity of Prescott High School. Read more.
- September 8, 2023 | AT&T Boosts Network Speeds for Cross County: AT&T has expanded its 5G network in Cross County, giving residents, businesses and visitors a big boost in their wireless connectivity. A new cell site will enhance the area’s coverage and capacity in Wynne and the surrounding area. Read more.
- November 7, 2023 | AT&T Expands 5G Network in North Little Rock: AT&T has expanded its 5G network in North Little Rock, giving residents, first responders, businesses and visitors a big boost in their wireless connectivity. A new site in North Little Rock enhances coverage and capacity along the I-30 and I-40 interchange and in neighborhoods of North Little Rock along Pike Avenue and into Levy. “People of all ages rely on their wireless devices more than ever before – for teaching and learning, telehealth, work, entertainment or simply staying connected with friends and family. I’m glad to see AT&T has enhanced its wireless network here in North Little Rock. The coverage is important to everyone who lives in, works in or visits our community,” said North Little Rick Mayor Terry Hartwick.
- November 7, 2023 | AT&T Expands 5G Network in Forrest City: AT&T has expanded its 5G network in Forrest City, giving residents, first responders, businesses and visitors a big boost in their wireless connectivity. A new site enhances coverage and capacity in Forrest City and west along I-40. “We know that Forrest City is the Jewel of the Delta, where we are working every day to make sure it is a great place to raise a family, start or expand a business, and enjoy the many amenities of our area. AT&T’s new cell site will keep our entire community, including our first responders, better connected.” said State Senator Reginald Murdock.
To keep up with all the latest updates from AT&T Arkansas, follow us on Twitter @ATTPublicPolicy.
1 Internet speed claims represent maximum wired network service capability speeds to the home & recommended setup. Actual customer speeds are not guaranteed. Single device wired speed maximum 4.7Gbps. For more info go to https://www.att.com/speed101.
2 Based on nationwide GWS drive test data. GWS conducts paid drive tests for AT&T and uses the data in its analysis. AT&T 5G requires compatible plan and device. 5G not available everywhere. Visit att.com/5Gforyou for details.
3 Plans up to 100Mbps. Limited availability/areas. Free internet subject to household’s continued ACP eligibility and application of the ACP benefit to Access from AT&T plans.
4 Limit of one ACP benefit per household.
*AT&T 5G requires compatible plan and device. 5G not available everywhere. 5G+ is offered in limited locations in specific cities. Wireless technology varies by device. Go to att.com/5Gforyou for details.
*FirstNet and the FirstNet logo are registered trademarks and service marks of the First Responder Network Authority. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
We help more than 100 million U.S. families, friends and neighbors, plus nearly 2.5 million businesses, connect to greater possibility. From the first phone call 140+ years ago to our 5G wireless and multi-gig internet offerings today, we @ATT innovate to improve lives. For more information about AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T), please visit us at about.att.com. Investors can learn more at investors.att.com.