Investing in our Communities
In New Jersey, we invested nearly $1.2 billion in our network infrastructure from 2020-2022 to connect more people to greater possibility.
We know how important it is for our customers to stay connected through life’s defining moments, whether you’re celebrating a graduation, learning or working, creating or sharing, vacationing along the Shore, going to a ball game or relaxing at home. That’s why we’re focused on boosting network reliability and capacity as we expand our network. We’re working to help everyone get the best possible AT&T experience wherever they live, work and play.
Committed to expanding connectivity, our investment focuses on all facets of the network —including fiber, 5G and FirstNet,® Built with AT&T.
- Unlocking the Power of 5G: AT&T is America’s Most Reliable 5G Network1, connecting hundreds of millions of Americans to what matters most to them.
- From rural communities to urban areas, our overall wireless voice and data network covers more than 99% of all Americans, including New Jersey.
- We’re working with businesses from manufacturing to healthcare to create new innovations and increase efficiencies with AT&T 5G.
- We’re ramping up performance in high traffic areas, such as airports, stadiums and venues, like Newark Liberty Airport; MetLife Stadium; Riverview Plaza in Trenton, and Red Bull Stadium in Harrison.
- For less densely populated areas like Camden, we’ve expanded our 5G network so people there can have access to reliable connectivity.
- Supporting First Responders by Expanding the Nation’s Public Safety Network: As America’s public safety’s communications partner, we’re giving more of the public safety community access to their network. With FirstNet, we’re helping to connect public safety agencies and organizations in communities across the state.
- FirstNet includes unique benefits like always-on priority and, for first responders, preemption, high-quality Band 14 spectrum and a one-of-a-kind 5G experience to keep public safety mission ready.
- We’ve rolled out Band 14 on more than 400 sites across New Jersey to provide public safety with truly dedicated coverage and capacity when they need it.
At AT&T, we believe every American should be connected to the internet and we’re working with governments and non-profit organizations to make it happen. We’re on track to deliver on our $2B commitment between 2021-2023 to help bridge the digital divide and tackle barriers to broadband access, adoption and affordability.
- AT&T is participating in the FCC’s Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) to help make broadband more affordable for millions of American households. In New Jersey eligible households can apply the federal benefit to AT&T wireless plans with data, such as PREPAID2 and Cricket Wireless.”
- We created AT&T Connected Learning to invest in digital inclusion, digital literacy and digital learning solutions to help today’s students and their families succeed wherever they learn – at home, in the community and in the classroom.
- In New Jersey, we’ve collaborated with organizations Like the Ironbound Community Corporation, the Jersey City Housing Authority and local public libraries as part of our commitment to help bridge the digital divide.
Good news is always great to share. Here are a few highlights from the last year in New Jersey:
- March 2022 | ‘Ma Bell’ Exhibit Brings New Jersey Technology to the Forefront | A&E | communitynews.org
- July 2022 | AT&T Collaborates with Ironbound Community Corporation on a Digital Equity & Access Program in Newark – AT&T Connects (attconnects.com)
- November 2022 |AT&T Turns On More 5G Sites Across New Jersey
- November 2022 | New Climate Portal Helps Businesses, Communities Plan for Future Weather Extremes – NJBIA
- April 2023 | AT&T, Digitunity and Jersey City Housing Authority Collaborate to Provide Digital Literacy Workshops for Jersey City Residents – AT&T Connects (attconnects.com)
- January 2023 | AT&T Foundation Grants $215,000 to Help Close the Digital Divide and Support Student Success in New Jersey – AT&T Connects (attconnects.com)
To keep up with all the latest updates from AT&T New Jersey, follow us on Twitter @ATTPublicPolicy , on LinkedIn and at NewJersey.att.com.
1 Based on nationwide GWS drive test data. GWS conducts paid drive tests for AT&T and uses the data in its analysis. AT&T 5G requires compatible plan and device. 5G not available everywhere. Visit att.com/5Gforyou for details.
2 Limit of one ACP benefit per household
*AT&T 5G requires compatible plan and device. 5G not available everywhere. 5G+ is offered in limited locations in specific cities. Wireless technology varies by device. Go to att.com/5Gforyou for details.
*FirstNet and the FirstNet logo are registered trademarks and service marks of the First Responder Network Authority. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
We help more than 100 million U.S. families, friends and neighbors, plus nearly 2.5 million businesses, connect to greater possibility. From the first phone call 140+ years ago to our 5G wireless and multi-gig internet offerings today, we @ATT innovate to improve lives. For more information about AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T), please visit us at about.att.com. Investors can learn more at investors.att.com.