- November 1, 2022 | AT&T Turns On More 5G Sites Across New Jersey: AT&T continues its 5G network expansion in New Jersey giving residents, businesses and visitors a big boost in their wireless connectivity. We’ve recently added mobile broadband sites in 7 counties across New Jersey to enhance the coverage and capacity, and help customers unlock the power of America’s Most Reliable 5G Network.
- The new sites include: Atlantic County: A new site improves coverage and capacity in Pleasantville around Route 40; Cape May County: A new site in South Dennis improves coverage and capacity in South Dennis along Route 47 and Route 83; Hunterdon County: A new site in Lebanon Township near West Hill Road and Bunnvale Road improves coverage and capacity around the local fire department and Memorial Park of Lebanon Township; Middlesex County (2): A site in Parlin improves coverage and capacity around Parlin Drive and Washington Road. Another new site in North Brunswick Township improves coverage and capacity between U.S. Highway 1 and Route 130 and along the Northeast Corridor rail lines; Monmouth County (2): A new site in Howell Twp. will improve coverage in the Township and in northern portion of Lakewood, as well as along U.S. Highway 9 and Ford Road. Another new site in Howell Township improves coverage and capacity around Oak Glen Rd.; Union County: A new cell site in Berkeley Heights improves coverage and capacity between Watchung Blvd. and I-78, and along Interstate 78; and Warren County: A new site in Hackettstown improves coverage and capacity near Mountain Avenue and surrounding commercial, residential and recreational areas.
- “We all know how important connectivity is for communities across our state. I’m glad AT&T is taking very positive action to improve connectivity in so many different areas around New Jersey. Connectivity is vital in our daily lives and is now an indispensable piece of our infrastructure,” said Jerry Keenan, president, NJ Alliance for Action.
- August 22, 2022 | AT&T Turns On New 5G Sites Across New Jersey: AT&T* continues its 5G network in New Jersey giving residents, businesses and visitors a big boost in their wireless connectivity. In the first half of 2022, we added 10 new mobile broadband sites in 8 counties across New Jersey to enhance the coverage and capacity, and help customers unlock the power of America’s Most Reliable 5G Network.1
- The new sites include: In Atlantic County, a site in Somers Point serves the local medical center, emergency management and fire station. In Burlington County, a site in Vincentown serves the surrounding community, including the Southampton Schools and Administration Building. Another site in Tabernacle serves customers along Route 206 and Carranza Rd. In Camden County, the site on the east side of Atco supports the community around the Dragway. In Middlesex County, a site in Monroe Twp. will boost coverage around Federal Road and Perrineville Road. In Monmouth County, a site in Howell Twp. will improve coverage in the Township around Rt. 195. In Ocean County, a new site in Silverton Estates will boost coverage around Ocean County College and in Anchorage and Silverton. Another site in New Egypt will improve coverage along Lakewood Road and the nearby speedway. In Salem County, a site improves coverage and capacity in Pennsville Township. In Somerset County, a site in Bernardsville will boost coverage east of Rt. 613 on Rt 202.
- “Our team at NJBIA proudly works with businesses across the state to help build a more prosperous and competitive New Jersey. When member companies like AT&T make these kinds of investments to increase network capacity and reliability, they are able to perform better, and we get closer to achieving these goals,” said Michele Siekerka, President and CEO, New Jersey Business & Industry Association.
AT&T Investments Connect Communities
In New Jersey, we invested more than $1.1 billion in our wireless and wireline networks from 2019-2021.
We know how important it is for our customers to stay connected. That’s why we’re focused on boosting network reliability and capacity as we expand our network nationwide. This helps residents get the best possible experience over the AT&T network where they live, work and play, as well as supporting first responders on FirstNet®.
Committed to expanding connectivity, our investment focuses on all network layers—from 5G to FirstNet.
- Unlocking the Power of 5G: AT&T is America’s Most Reliable 5G Network1. AT&T currently offers different flavors of 5G*, which helps enable the network to reach its full potential, including:
- AT&T 5G using low-band spectrum offers fast speeds and reaches more than 277 million people in more than 18,000 cities and towns in the U.S., including communities in New Jersey.
- Supporting First Responders by Expanding the Nation’s Public Safety Network: FirstNet, Built with AT&T, is the only nationwide, high-speed broadband network built with and for America’s first responders. Today, we cover nearly all of New Jersey with FirstNet – helping to connect public safety agencies and organizations in more than 240 communities across the state. It provides America’s first responders and the extended public safety community with truly dedicated coverage and capacity when they need it. FirstNet includes unique benefits like always-on priority and preemption, high-quality Band 14 spectrum and a one-of-a-kind 5G experience to keep public safety mission ready.
Here are a few highlights of the enhancements we’ve made in New Jersey in the last few years:
- April 6, 2022 | FirstNet, Built with AT&T is Connecting More First Responders Across New Jersey. Learn more.
- June 18, 2021 | New Mobile Broadband Site in Toms River. Learn more.
1 AT&T awarded Best Network by GWS OneScore 2021. GWS conducts paid drive tests for AT&T and uses the data in its OneScore analysis. AT&T 5G requires compatible plan and device. 5G not available everywhere. Go to att.com/5Gforyou for details.
* To experience AT&T 5G+, you’ll need to be in a 5G+ coverage area, have a 5G+ capable device, and be on one of our plans that include 5G and 5G+ access at no extra charge. See att.com/unlimited for more details.
® FirstNet and the FirstNet logo are registered trademarks and service marks of the First Responder Network Authority. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
About AT&T Communications
We help family, friends and neighbors connect in meaningful ways every day. From the first phone call 140+ years ago to mobile video streaming, we @ATT innovate to improve lives. AT&T Communications is part of AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T). For more information, please visit us at att.com.AT&T