In Lima, we invested more than $3.8 million in our wireless and wireline network infrastructure from 2020-2022 to connect more people to greater possibility.
We know how important it is for our customers to stay connected through life’s defining moments, whether you’re watching a ballgame or exploring a local museum. That’s why we’re focused on boosting network reliability and capacity as we expand our network. We’re working to help residents get the best possible AT&T experience wherever they live, work and play.
“AT&T has invested millions of dollars into Lima’s wireless broadband capability. These investments in 5G and FirstNet public safety networks provide a much welcome boost to our economic and community development efforts,” said Lima City Councilor Peggy Ehora. “We appreciate their commitment to providing network infrastructure that’s vital for our city’s businesses and families.”
Committed to expanding connectivity, our investment focuses on all facets of the network — including 5G and FirstNet,® Built with AT&T.
- Unlocking the Power of 5G: AT&T is America’s Most Reliable 5G Network,1 connecting hundreds of millions of Americans to what matters most to them.
- From rural communities to urban areas, our overall wireless voice and data network covers more than 99% of all Americans,2 including Ohio.
- We’re working with businesses from manufacturing to healthcare to create new innovations and increase efficiencies with AT&T 5G.
- We’re ramping up performance in high traffic areas, including airports, stadiums, and venues.
- For less densely populated areas, we’re expanding our 5G network so people there can have access to reliable connectivity.
- Supporting First Responders by Expanding the Nation’s Public Safety Network: As America’s public safety communications partner, we’re giving more of the public safety community access to their network. With FirstNet, we’re helping connect first responders in more than 350 communities across the state.
- FirstNet includes unique benefits for first responders like always-on priority and preemption, high-quality Band 14 spectrum and a one-of-a-kind 5G experience to keep public safety mission ready.
- We’ve rolled out Band 14 on more than 1,900 sites across Ohio to provide public safety with truly dedicated coverage and capacity when they need it.
At AT&T, we believe every American should be connected to the internet and we’re working with governments and non-profit organizations to make it happen. We’re on track to deliver on our $2B commitment to help bridge the digital divide and tackle barriers to broadband access, adoption and affordability.
- AT&T is participating in the FCC’s Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) to help make broadband more affordable for millions of American households. In Lima, eligible households can apply the federal benefit to AT&T wireless plans with data, such as PREPAID3 and Cricket Wireless.
- We created AT&T Connected Learning to invest in digital inclusion, digital literacy and digital learning solutions to help today’s students and their families succeed wherever they learn – at home, in the community and in the classroom.
- With 25 Connected Learning Centers already open across the U.S., we’ve announced plans to reach 50 total centers nationwide, including at Boys & Girls Clubs.
- In Ohio, we’ve opened 2 AT&T Connected Learning Centers, held more than 300 digital literacy workshops and distributed more than 1,000 computers to students and their families as part of our commitment to help bridge the digital divide.
Good news is always great to share. Here are a few highlights from this year in Ohio:
- June 2, 2023 | Connecting the East Palestine Community to Recovery Learn more.
- May 25, 2023 | Building a Strong Broadband Workforce in Ohio Learn more.
- May 2, 2023 | Creating More Connections in East Central Ohio Learn more.
- April 20, 2023 | Creating Public/Private Connections Learn more.
- March 16, 2023 | Community Clinic Connects Clevelanders to Technology Learn more.
To keep up with all the latest updates from AT&T Ohio, follow us on Twitter @ATTPublicPolicy.
1 Based on nationwide GWS drive test data. GWS conducts paid drive tests for AT&T and uses the data in its analysis. AT&T 5G requires compatible plan and device. 5G not available everywhere. Visit att.com/5Gforyou for details.
2 Based on overall coverage in the U.S. Coverage not avail. everywhere.
3 Limit of one ACP benefit per household.
*AT&T 5G requires compatible plan and device. 5G not available everywhere. 5G+ is offered in limited locations in specific cities. Wireless technology varies by device. Go to att.com/5Gforyou for details.
*FirstNet and the FirstNet logo are registered trademarks and service marks of the First Responder Network Authority. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
We help more than 100 million U.S. families, friends and neighbors, plus nearly 2.5 million businesses, connect to greater possibility. From the first phone call 140+ years ago to our 5G wireless and multi-gig internet offerings today, we @ATT innovate to improve lives. For more information about AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T), please visit us at about.att.com. Investors can learn more at investors.att.com.