In Dayton, Ohio, we invested more than $100 million in our wireless and wireline network infrastructure from 2020-2022 to connect more people to greater possibility.
We know how important it is for our customers to stay connected through life’s defining moments, whether you’re navigating local parks and trails or exploring a nearby museum. That’s why we’re focused on boosting network reliability and capacity as we expand our network. We’re working to help residents get the best possible AT&T experience wherever they live, work and play.
“Increased broadband investment positions Dayton-area businesses and their employees for future success,” said Dayton Area Chamber of Commerce President & CEO Chris Kershner. “The fiber internet infrastructure that AT&T continues to expand in our area gives us a competitive edge, making this an attractive location for workers to live and businesses to thrive.”
Committed to expanding connectivity, our investment focuses on all facets of the network — including fiber, 5G and FirstNet,® Built with AT&T.
- Expanding Access to Fiber: To help meet the demands for reliable, high-speed connections today – and in the future – we’re investing in our fiber network.1 With nearly 2.2 million strand-miles of fiber optics in Ohio, AT&T Fiber® is now available to more than 725,000 customer locations in more than 85 cities across Ohio, including Beavercreek, Dayton, Huber Heights, Kettering, Riverside, Trotwood and more.
- Beyond Ohio, our fiber is available to 19.7M consumer and more than 3M business customer locations in 100+ U.S. metro areas.2
- AT&T Fiber provides speed, reliability and value for consumers and businesses to enhance their internet experience for applications like video conferencing, virtual learning, telehealth, gaming and more.
- Unlocking the Power of 5G: AT&T is America’s Most Reliable 5G Network,3 connecting hundreds of millions of Americans to what matters most to them.
- From rural communities to urban areas, our overall wireless voice and data network covers more than 99% of all Americans,4 including Ohio.
- We’re working with businesses from manufacturing to healthcare to create new innovations and increase efficiencies with AT&T 5G.
- We’re ramping up performance in high traffic areas, including airports, stadiums, and venues.
- Supporting First Responders by Expanding the Nation’s Public Safety Network: As America’s public safety communications partner, we’re giving more of the public safety community access to their network. With FirstNet, we’re helping connect first responders in more than 350 communities across the state.
- FirstNet includes unique benefits for first responders like always-on priority and preemption, high-quality Band 14 spectrum and a one-of-a-kind 5G experience to keep public safety mission ready.
- We’ve rolled out Band 14 on more than 1,900 sites across Ohio to provide public safety with truly dedicated coverage and capacity when they need it. Areas currently benefiting from Band 14 include Dayton.
At AT&T, we believe every American should be connected to the internet and we’re working with governments and non-profit organizations to make it happen. We’re on track to deliver on our $2B commitment to help bridge the digital divide and tackle barriers to broadband access, adoption and affordability.
- We’re committed to providing affordable service for low-income households. The Access from AT&T plan – when combined with the federal Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) – can provide no-cost home internet service for eligible households.5,6
- We created AT&T Connected Learning to invest in digital inclusion, digital literacy and digital learning solutions to help today’s students and their families succeed wherever they learn – at home, in the community and in the classroom.
- With 25 Connected Learning Centers already open across the U.S., we’ve announced plans to reach 50 total centers nationwide, including at Boys & Girls Clubs.
- In Ohio, we’ve opened 2 AT&T Connected Learning Centers, held more than 300 digital literacy workshops and distributed more than 1,000 computers to students and their families as part of our commitment to help bridge the digital divide.
Good news is always great to share. Here are a few highlights from this year in Ohio:
- June 2, 2023 | Connecting the East Palestine Community to Recovery Learn more.
- May 25, 2023 | Building a Strong Broadband Workforce in Ohio Learn more.
- May 2, 2023 | Creating More Connections in East Central Ohio Learn more.
- April 20, 2023 | Creating Public/Private Connections Learn more.
- March 16, 2023 | Community Clinic Connects Clevelanders to Technology Learn more.
To keep up with all the latest updates from AT&T Ohio, follow us on Twitter @ATTPublicPolicy.
1 Internet speed claims represent maximum wired network service capability speeds to the home & recommended setup. Actual customer speeds are not guaranteed. Single device wired speed maximum 4.7Gbps. For more info go to https://www.att.com/speed101.
2 As of the end of the first quarter 2023 on March 31, 2023.
3 Based on nationwide GWS drive test data. GWS conducts paid drive tests for AT&T and uses the data in its analysis. AT&T 5G requires compatible plan and device. 5G not available everywhere. Visit att.com/5Gforyou for details.
4 Based on overall coverage in the U.S. Coverage not avail. everywhere.
5 Plans up to 100Mbps. Limited availability/areas. Free internet subject to household’s continued ACP eligibility and application of the ACP benefit to Access from AT&T plans.
6 Limit of one ACP benefit per household.
*FirstNet and the FirstNet logo are registered trademarks and service marks of the First Responder Network Authority. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
We help more than 100 million U.S. families, friends and neighbors, plus nearly 2.5 million businesses, connect to greater possibility. From the first phone call 140+ years ago to our 5G wireless and multi-gig internet offerings today, we @ATT innovate to improve lives. For more information about AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T), please visit us at about.att.com. Investors can learn more at investors.att.com.