Here in Georgia, we are working hard to help bridge the digital divide and improve connectivity in communities across the state, including Atlanta. Since being named President of AT&T Georgia in 2018, I have had the pleasure of working to expand internet access and affordability, and I am happy to share that our hard work is paying off.
I am proud to announce that CNET named AT&T the best overall internet provider in Atlanta.
- CNET also recently named AT&T the best fiber internet provider of 2022 as well as the best internet provider in Los Angeles, San Francisco and San Diego.
For more than 140 years, AT&T has invested in Georgia to help people connect, live, succeed, and from 2019-2021, we invested nearly $5 billion in our wireless and wireline networks in the state. And we continue working to connect even more Georgians to fast and affordable broadband.
To bring high-speed connectivity to more communities, we are expanding our fiber network. This cutting-edge technology paired with competitive prices means residents can enjoy quality high-speed internet:
- AT&T Fiber offers multiple plans to ensure that families and communities can have access to high-speed internet that best fits their unique needs. And with high-speed internet access on the nation’s fastest growing fiber network, Atlantans know that they are getting the best service there is.
- AT&T provides multi-gig speeds in communities like Atlanta which prime the network for growing bandwidth demands for today and tomorrow.
While we are focused on expanding our fiber footprint, we also are actively working to expand internet affordability through our low-cost internet service, Access from AT&T.1
When eligible households apply the Affordable Connectivity Program’s (ACP) federal benefit of up to $30 per month to their Access from AT&T plan, they can get their internet for free.2 We’re also engaging directly in Atlanta’s communities, expanding our network of AT&T Connected Learning Centers, including one in Southwest Atlanta at the Andrew and Walter Young Family At-Promise Center.
- The addition of our Connected Learning Center connects Atlanta’s youth and their families to year-round access to computers and internet.
- Our Atlanta location is one of 14 Connected Learning Centers across the country, with more to come in Atlanta and across the nation. These CLCs are a key part of our commitment from 2021 to 2023 to invest $2 billion to help address the digital divide.
AT&T is honored to receive this distinction from CNET, and we are proud to provide high-quality internet service to Atlanta residents. We will continue to build on our 140 years of investment in Georgia, helping close the digital divide and ensuring consumers can rely on our broadband services to engage in the 21st century.
1 Access from AT&T is available only in the AT&T 21-state wireline footprint. You’ll receive the maximum speed available at your address.
2 Terms, conditions and restrictions apply. Free with Access from AT&T 12-100Mbps plans only.