December 12, 2022: Lake County’s first responders are getting a major boost in their wireless communications thanks to the FirstNet® network expansion currently underway by AT&T. We’ve added two new, purpose-built cell sites located in Winfred and Wentworth.
- This new infrastructure will help improve the overall coverage experience for AT&T wireless customers in Lake County. Residents, visitors and businesses can take advantage of the AT&T spectrum bands, as well as Band 14 when capacity is available.
AT&T Investments Connect Communities
In South Dakota, we invested more than $100 million in our wireless and wireline networks from 2019-2021 in cities and communities across the state.
We know how important it is for our customers to stay connected. That’s why we’re focused on boosting network reliability and capacity as we expand our network nationwide. This helps residents get the best possible experience over the AT&T network where they live, work and play, as well as supporting first responders on FirstNet®.
We are also working closely with local communities and government leaders in South Dakota to expand access to high-speed internet. By combining the resources of the government and private sector, we can fast-track the closing of the digital divide regardless of income or zip code.
- Unlocking the Power of 5G: AT&T is America’s Most Reliable 5G Network1. AT&T currently offers 3 flavors of 5G*, which helps enable the network to reach its full potential. Here’s how they work:
- AT&T 5G using low-band spectrum offers fast speeds and reaches more than 255 million people in more than 18,000 cities and towns in the U.S., including in Sioux Falls.
- AT&T 5G+ recently introduced mid-band spectrum in limited parts of 8 metros around the country. This spectrum sits between our other 2 bands. The mid-band spectrum provides a great combination of ultra-fast speeds and wide geographic coverage.
- AT&T 5G+ using high-band (millimeter wave) spectrum delivers super-fast speeds and unprecedented performances in high traffic areas including parts of more than 45 cities and 40 stadiums and venues nationwide.
- Supporting First Responders by Expanding the Nation’s Public Safety Network: FirstNet, Built with AT&T, is the only nationwide, high-speed broadband network built with and for America’s first responders. With FirstNet we are helping to connect public safety agencies and organizations in more than 100 communities across the state. Since launching FirstNet, we have moved quickly to bring more coverage, boost capacity and drive new capabilities for South Dakota first responders and the communities they serve – rural and urban. And with Band 14 deployed on over 80 sites, South Dakota first responders in cities such as Sioux Falls and Rapid City as well in smaller communities across the state are currently benefitting from the truly dedicated coverage and capacity it provides when they need it.
Here are a few highlights of the enhancements we’ve made in South Dakota this year:
- APRIL 2022: We added a new FirstNet site with Band 14 spectrum Southeast of Ft. Thompson along Highway 50 for first responders and residents. The new site will expand coverage in the area including portions of the Cheyenne River Sioux Reservation and provide customers with faster, more reliable wireless services.
- MARCH 2022: AT&T built another new FirstNet cell tower 12 miles East of Beresford along Highway 46 near Hudson, SD. The new site also includes FirstNet B14 spectrum, which will deliver enhanced high-speed wireless broadband coverage for first responders and customers in the area.
- MARCH 2022: AT&T added another new FirstNet site 8 miles Northwest of Isabel along Highway 65 covering portions of the Standing Rock Reservation. This new site will not only deliver improved coverage, faster data speeds and improved reliability, but will provide local first responders with the mobile online capabilities and tools to help them save lives and protect communities.
1 AT&T awarded Best Network by GWS OneScore 2021. GWS conducts paid drive tests for AT&T and uses the data in its OneScore analysis. AT&T 5G requires compatible plan and device. 5G not available everywhere. Go to att.com/5Gforyou for details.
* To experience AT&T 5G+, you’ll need to be in a 5G+ coverage area, have a 5G+ capable device, and be on one of our plans that include 5G and 5G+ access at no extra charge. See att.com/unlimited for more details.
® FirstNet and the FirstNet logo are registered trademarks and service marks of the First Responder Network Authority. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
About AT&T Communications
We help family, friends and neighbors connect in meaningful ways every day. From the first phone call 140+ years ago to mobile video streaming, we @ATT innovate to improve lives. AT&T Communications is part of AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T). For more information, please visit us at att.com.