- August 31, 2022 | Another New FirstNet Cell Site Launches in Tioga County to Support First Responders: Tioga County’s first responders are getting another major boost in their wireless communications thanks to the FirstNet® network expansion currently underway by AT&T*. We added a new, purpose-built cell site in Manhattan that provides coverage along the Route 6 corridor through Rexford, Manhattan, and Gaines. This is the latest purpose-built site in Tioga County. In November 2021, we announced 3 other sites in the county during a special event at the Middlebury Center Fire Department.
- “FirstNet is a dedicated broadband platform for public safety, by public safety. We worked hand-in-hand with the Pennsylvania public safety community to understand their needs for the network. And this new site is a prime example of how that input and feedback is becoming reality. We look forward to supporting Pennsylvania’s first responders’ use of FirstNet to help them save lives and protect our communities, ” said Lisa Casias, Acting CEO, FirstNet Authority.
- August 22, 2022 | AT&T Turns On New 5G Sites Across Pennsylvania: AT&T* has expanded its 5G network in Pennsylvania, giving residents, businesses and visitors a big boost in their wireless connectivity. In the first half of 2022, we’ve added 16 new sites in 13 counties to enhance the coverage and capacity and help customers in communities across Pennsylvania unlock the power of America’s Most Reliable 5G Network.2
- The new sites include: In Adams County, a site in Gettysburg provides coverage along Route 116. In Allegheny County, a new site in Braddock improves coverage and capacity around Braddock Ave. and Jones Ave. In Beaver County, a new site in Industry boosts coverage and capacity west of Aliquippa along Holt Rd. and Patterson Rd. In Carbon County, a new site in Lehighton provides coverage to the City of Lehighton and around Beltzville State Park and Indian Head Road. Another new site will boost coverage and capacity on the west side of Jim Thorpe. In Crawford County, a new site in Titusville improves coverage and capacity in Titusville and along SR-89 and SR-27. In Cumberland County, a new site in Hampden Township will boost coverage and capacity in around Shaull Elementary School. In Fulton County, a new site in Dublin Township adds coverage and capacity in an area between Waterfall Road and the Pennsylvania Turnpike. In Lancaster County, a new site boosts coverage and capacity along Fruitville Pike and the surrounding retail shopping areas. In Lackawanna County, a cell site in Scott Township improves coverage and capacity around Heart Lake. In Luzerne County, a new site near Shickshinny Lake provides more coverage and capacity around Union Township. Another site will improve coverage along portion of Interstate 81 just outside of Nuangola. A third site will improve coverage around the town of Korn Krest. In McKean County, a new site in Smethport serves the Route 59 corridor between Ormsby and the Bradford Regional Airport, and through Backus. In Potter County, a site in Keating Summit serves the intersection of Routes 155 & 607 (south of Liberty) in the western corner of Potter County near the McKean County border. In Warren County, a new site in the City of Warren serves the City of Warren, the county seat and most populous city of Warren County, along with Matthews Run.
- “We’re investing in our network to offer more Pennsylvanians with access to the mobile broadband coverage that’s so important in our digital-first world. And, these new sites, along with our other ongoing network upgrades, give first responders on FirstNet vital tools to protect communities and save lives,” said David Kerr – President, AT&T Pennsylvania.
- July 11, 2022 | AT&T Turns On More Mobile Broadband Sites in Crawford County: AT&T* customers and FirstNet® subscribers in Crawford County got a big boost in wireless connectivity. We added new mobile broadband sites to enhance the county’s mobile broadband coverage and help give residents and first responders faster, more reliable wireless service. A new cell site boosts coverage and capacity in and around Atlantic and along SR-3006 between SR-18 and Lake Road. Another site boosts coverage and capacity in Guys Mills and Blooming Valley along SR-77 and SR-198. We announced other upgrades in Crawford County in late 2020.
- “Communication is essential to everyday life, and this new site greatly improves this function for Crawford County residents. I am grateful to see this service available for the great people in the district,” said Pennsylvania State Representative Parke Wentling.
AT&T Investments Connect Communities
In Pennsylvania, we invested more than $1 billion in our wireless and wireline networks from 2019-2021.
Cities and communities throughout Pennsylvania are impacted by this investment, including:
- Nearly $60 million in the Allentown/Bethlehem area.
- More than $35 million in the Harrisburg area.
- Nearly $535 million in the Philadelphia market (which includes portions of South Jersey, Delaware, and Maryland).
- More than $200 million in the Pittsburgh area.
We know how important it is for our customers to stay connected. That’s why we’re focused on boosting network reliability and capacity as we expand our network nationwide. This helps residents get the best possible experience over the AT&T network where they live, work and play, as well as supporting first responders on FirstNet®.
Committed to expanding connectivity, our investment focuses on all network layers—from 5G to FirstNet.
- Unlocking the Power of 5G: AT&T is America’s Most Reliable 5G Network1. AT&T currently offers different flavors of 5G*, which helps enable the network to reach its full potential. Here’s how they work:
- AT&T 5G using low-band spectrum offers fast speeds and reaches more than 277 million people in more than 18,000 cities and towns in the U.S. including communities across Pennsylvania.
- AT&T 5G+ using high-band (millimeter wave) spectrum delivers super-fast speeds and unprecedented performances in high traffic areas including parts of more than 45 cities and 40 stadiums and venues nationwide including parts of Philadelphia and Southeastern Pennsylvania.
- Supporting First Responders by Expanding the Nation’s Public Safety Network: FirstNet, Built with AT&T, is the only nationwide, high-speed broadband network built with and for America’s first responders. Today, we significantly cover Pennsylvania with FirstNet – helping to connect public safety agencies and organizations in more than 540 communities across the state. It provides America’s first responders and the extended public safety community with truly dedicated coverage and capacity when they need it. FirstNet includes unique benefits like always-on priority and preemption, high-quality Band 14 spectrum and a one-of-a-kind 5G experience to keep public safety mission ready.
Here are a few highlights of the enhancements we’ve made in Pennsylvania in the last few years:
- March 15, 2022 | Working to Expand Mobile Broadband in Ferguson Township, Centre County. Learn more.
- December 13, 2021 | New Mobile Broadband Site in Somerset County. Learn more.
- December 13, 2021 | New Mobile Broadband Site in Washington County. Learn more.
- December 13, 2021 | More Mobile Broadband Sites in Western Pennsylvania. Learn more.
- October 19, 2021| New Sites Across Pennsylvania. Learn more.
1 AT&T awarded Best Network by GWS OneScore 2021. GWS conducts paid drive tests for AT&T and uses the data in its OneScore analysis. AT&T 5G requires compatible plan and device. 5G not available everywhere. Go to att.com/5Gforyou for details.
* To experience AT&T 5G+, you’ll need to be in a 5G+ coverage area, have a 5G+ capable device, and be on one of our plans that include 5G and 5G+ access at no extra charge. See att.com/unlimited for more details.
® FirstNet and the FirstNet logo are registered trademarks and service marks of the First Responder Network Authority. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
About AT&T Communications
We help family, friends and neighbors connect in meaningful ways every day. From the first phone call 140+ years ago to mobile video streaming, we @ATT innovate to improve lives. AT&T Communications is part of AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T). For more information, please visit us at att.com.AT&T