AT&T Investments Connect Communities
In Oregon, we invested nearly $325 million in our wireless and wireline networks from 2019-2021.
We know how important it is for our customers to stay connected. That’s why we’re focused on boosting network reliability and capacity as we expand our network nationwide. This helps residents get the best possible experience over the AT&T network where they live, work and play, as well as supporting first responders on FirstNet®.
“Oregonians deserve to have access to reliable coverage when and where they need it most,” said Amir Johnson, Director of External Affairs for AT&T Oregon. “We’re pleased to continue investing in state-of-the-art broadband infrastructure to keep our communities connected, here in Oregon and across the country.”
Committed to expanding connectivity, our investment focuses on all network layers—from 5G to FirstNet.
- Unlocking the Power of 5G: AT&T is America’s Most Reliable 5G Network1. AT&T currently offers 3 flavors of 5G*, which helps enable the network to reach its full potential. Here’s how they work:
- AT&T 5G using low-band spectrum offers fast speeds and reaches more than 255 million people in more than 18,000 cities and towns in the U.S. including Corvallis, Eugene, Medford, Portland and Salem.
- AT&T 5G+ recently introduced mid-band spectrum in limited parts of 8 metros nationwide. This spectrum sits between our other 2 bands. The mid-band spectrum provides a great combination of ultra-fast speeds and wide geographic coverage.
- AT&T 5G+ using high-band (millimeter wave) spectrum delivers super-fast speeds and unprecedented performances in high traffic areas including parts of more than 45 cities and 40 stadiums and venues nationwide.
- Supporting First Responders by Expanding the Nation’s Public Safety Network: FirstNet, Built with AT&T, is the only nationwide, high-speed broadband network built with and for America’s first responders. Today, FirstNet is helping to connect public safety agencies and organizations in more than 110 communities across Oregon. It provides America’s first responders and the extended public safety community with truly dedicated coverage and capacity when they need it. FirstNet includes unique benefits like always-on priority and preemption, high-quality Band 14 spectrum and a one-of-a-kind 5G experience to keep public safety mission ready.
Here are a few highlights of the enhancements we’ve made in Oregon in the last few years:
- May 2, 2022 | FirstNet, Built with AT&T is Connecting More First Responders Across Oregon. Learn more.
- December 30, 2020 | AT&T Supports Oregon’s First Responders. Learn more.
- April 13, 2020 | Keeping Oregon’s First Responders Connected. Learn more.
® FirstNet and the FirstNet logo are registered trademarks and service marks of the First Responder Network Authority. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
About AT&T Communications
We help family, friends and neighbors connect in meaningful ways every day. From the first phone call 140+ years ago to mobile video streaming, we @ATT innovate to improve lives. AT&T Communications is part of AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T). For more information, please visit us at att.com.