October 26, 2022 | AT&T Adds New Cell Tower in Meigs County: Visitors to the nearby Meigs County Fairgrounds and Meigs High School now have stronger wireless communications. AT&T has expanded its 5G network here, giving residents, businesses, and visitors a big boost in wireless connectivity. We’ve added a new cell tower to enhance the area’s coverage and capacity.
AT&T Investments Connect Communities
In Ohio, we invested nearly $1.7 billion in our wireless and wireline networks from 2019-2021.
We know how important it is for our customers to stay connected. That’s why we’re focused on boosting network reliability and capacity as we expand our network nationwide. This helps residents get the best possible experience over the AT&T network where they live, work and play, as well as supporting first responders on FirstNet®.
“The benefits of reliable internet access are intertwined with virtually every aspect of our society, from education and workforce development to telemedicine and work mobility,” said Pat Tiberi, President & CEO of the Ohio Business Roundtable. “AT&T’s funding of network expansion and enhancement is a crucial investment that is not just a boon for businesses, but for children, students and Ohio’s workforce for generations to come.”
Committed to expanding connectivity, our investment focuses on all facets of the network —from fiber to 5G and FirstNet.
- Expanding Access to Fiber: To meet the demands for reliable, high-speed connections today – and in the future – we are investing in our fiber network. AT&T Fiber® offers speeds of up to 5-Gigs1 with equal upload and download across parts of more than 85 Ohio communities including Akron, Canton, Cleveland, Columbus, Dayton, Springfield, Toledo, and coming soon to Youngstown.
Our Ohio teams continue to work to expand service availability and reach more customers with AT&T Fiber, which provides premium speed, reliability, security, and next gen Wi-Fi for consumers and businesses to enhance their internet experience for applications like video conferencing, virtual learning, smart home devices, telehealth, gaming and more.
Customers can stay up to date on when AT&T Fiber is available to their address through att.com/notifyme.
- Affordability with Access from AT&T: AT&T is dedicated to making home internet more affordable for low-income households through its Access from AT&T program, which now provides new internet plans with up to 100 Mbps for $30 a month.2 When eligible households apply the Affordable Connectivity Program’s (ACP) federal benefit of up to $30/month to their Access plan, they can get their internet for free.3
- Unlocking the Power of 5G: AT&T is America’s Most Reliable 5G Network4. AT&T currently offers various flavors of 5G*, which helps enable the network to reach its full potential. Here’s how they work:
- AT&T 5G using low-band spectrum offers fast speeds and reaches more than 277 million people nationwide.
- AT&T 5G+ recently introduced mid-band spectrum. This spectrum sits between our other 2 bands. The mid-band spectrum provides a great combination of ultra-fast speeds and wide geographic coverage.
- AT&T 5G+ using high-band (millimeter wave) spectrum delivers super-fast speeds and unprecedented performances in high traffic areas including parts of more than 45 cities and 40 stadiums and venues nationwide.
- Supporting First Responders by Expanding the Nation’s Public Safety Network: FirstNet, Built with AT&T, is the only nationwide, high-speed broadband network built with and for America’s first responders. Today, we cover nearly all of Ohio with FirstNet – helping to connect public safety agencies and organizations in more than 280 communities across the state. It provides America’s first responders and the extended public safety community with truly dedicated coverage and capacity when they need it. FirstNet includes unique benefits like always-on priority and preemption, high-quality Band 14 spectrum and a one-of-a-kind 5G experience to keep public safety mission ready.
More enhancements we’ve made recently in Ohio:
- March 23, 2022 | FirstNet is Connecting More First Responders Across Ohio. Learn more.
1 Limited availability in select areas. Internet speed claims represent maximum wired network service capability speeds to the home and recommended setup. Actual customer speeds are not guaranteed. Single device wired speed maximum 4.7Gbps. For more information go to www.att.com/speed101
2 Access from AT&T is available only in the AT&T 21-state wireline footprint. You’ll receive the maximum speed available at your address. $30 Access plan includes unlimited data for households with speeds up to 100Mbps. $5 and $10 Access plans include 150GB or 1TB of data allowance per month depending on type & speed of service. You will be charged $10 for each add’l 50GB of data usage if you exceed your monthly data allowance, even if less than 50 gigabytes is used. For more information, go to att.com/internet-usage.
3 Terms, conditions and restrictions apply. Free with Access from AT&T 12-100Mbps plans only.
4 AT&T awarded Best Network by GWS OneScore 2021. GWS conducts paid drive tests for AT&T and uses the data in its OneScore analysis. AT&T 5G requires compatible plan and device. 5G not available everywhere. Go to att.com/5Gforyou for details.
* To experience AT&T 5G+, you’ll need to be in a 5G+ coverage area, have a 5G+ capable device, and be on one of our plans that include 5G and 5G+ access at no extra charge. See att.com/unlimited for more details.
® FirstNet and the FirstNet logo are registered trademarks and service marks of the First Responder Network Authority. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
About AT&T Communications
We help family, friends and neighbors connect in meaningful ways every day. From the first phone call 140+ years ago to mobile video streaming, we @ATT innovate to improve lives. AT&T Communications is part of AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T). For more information, please visit us at att.com.