AT&T Investments Connect Communities
In Missouri, we invested more than $2 billion in our wireless and wireline networks from 2019-2021.
Cities and communities throughout Missouri are impacted by this investment, including:
- More than $25 million in the Cape Girardeau-Jackson area
- Nearly $20 million in the Columbia area
- More than $10 million in the Jefferson City area
- More than $30 million in the Joplin area
- Nearly $450 million in the Kansas City area
- Nearly $80 million in the Springfield area
- Nearly $15 million in the St. Joseph area
- More than $1.9 billion in the St. Louis area
We know how important it is for our customers to stay connected. That’s why we’re focused on boosting network reliability and capacity as we expand our network nationwide. This helps residents get the best possible experience over the AT&T network where they live, work and play, as well as supporting first responders on FirstNet®.
“Missouri residents and businesses deserve long-term internet solutions and a reliable wireless network,” said Craig Unruh, president of AT&T Missouri. “Our multi-billion-dollar investment shows our commitment to connectivity across the state.”
We are also working closely with local communities and government leaders in Missouri to expand access to fast and reliable internet. By combining the resources of the government and private sector, we can fast-track the closing of the digital divide regardless of income or zip code.
Committed to expanding connectivity, our investment focuses on all facets of the network—from fiber to 5G and FirstNet.
- Expanding Access to Fiber: To meet the demands for reliable, high-speed connections today – and in the future – we are investing in our fiber network. AT&T Fiber® is available to 17 million customer locations across our 21-state footprint – and offers speeds of up to 5-Gigs1 with equal upload and download across parts of its 100+ metros, including Kansas City, Springfield, and St. Louis. We are marching toward our fiber expansion goal to cover 30 million customer locations across our footprint by year-end 2025. AT&T Fiber provides speed, bandwidth, reliability and security for consumers and businesses to enhance their internet experience for applications like video conferencing, virtual learning, telehealth, gaming and more.
- Unlocking the Power of 5G: AT&T is America’s Most Reliable 5G Network2. AT&T currently offers 3 flavors of 5G*, which helps enable the network to reach its full potential.
- Supporting First Responders by Expanding the Nation’s Public Safety Network: FirstNet, Built with AT&T, is the only nationwide, high-speed broadband network built with and for America’s first responders. Today, we cover nearly all of Missouri with FirstNet – helping to connect public safety agencies and organizations in more than 220 communities across the state. It provides America’s first responders and the extended public safety community with truly dedicated coverage and capacity when they need it. FirstNet includes unique benefits like always-on priority and preemption, high-quality Band 14 spectrum and a one-of-a-kind 5G experience to keep public safety mission ready.
Here are a few highlights of the enhancements we’ve made in Missouri in the last few years:
- July 7, 2021 | AT&T Continues Investing in Communities Across Missouri. Learn more.
- April 14, 2021 | AT&T Boosts Network Speeds for Southeastern Missouri Counties. Learn more.
- February 17, 2021 | The FirstNet Network Expands Across Missouri to Advance Public Safety Communications Capabilities. Learn more.
- February 10, 2021 | AT&T Boosts Network Speeds for Gasconade, Phelps, and Pulaska Counties. Learn more.
- January 6, 2021 | AT&T Boosts Network Speeds for Cape Girardeau and St. Francois Counties. Learn more.
- December 13, 2020 | The FirstNet Network Expands Across Missouri to Advance Public Safety Communications Capabilities. Learn more.
- December 13, 2020 | AT&T Boosts Network Speeds for Marshall. Learn more.
- December 4, 2020 | AT&T Boosts Network Speeds for Franklin, Jefferson, and Sainte Genevieve Counties. Learn more.
- December 2, 2020 | New FirstNet Cell Site Launches in Wright County to Support Public Safety. Learn more.
- January 20, 2020 | AT&T Boosts Network Speeds for Washington and Iron Counties. Learn more.
1 Limited availability in select areas. Internet speed claims represent maximum wired network service capability speeds to the home and recommended setup. Actual customer speeds are not guaranteed. Single device wired speed maximum 4.7Gbps. For more information go to www.att.com/speed101
2 AT&T awarded Best Network by GWS OneScore 2021. GWS conducts paid drive tests for AT&T and uses the data in its OneScore analysis. AT&T 5G requires compatible plan and device. 5G not available everywhere. Go to att.com/5Gforyou for details.
* To experience AT&T 5G+, you’ll need to be in a 5G+ coverage area, have a 5G+ capable device, and be on one of our plans that include 5G and 5G+ access at no extra charge. See att.com/unlimited for more details.
® FirstNet and the FirstNet logo are registered trademarks and service marks of the First Responder Network Authority. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
About AT&T Communications
We help family, friends and neighbors connect in meaningful ways every day. From the first phone call 140+ years ago to mobile video streaming, we @ATT innovate to improve lives. AT&T Communications is part of AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T). For more information, please visit us at att.com.