Investing in our Communities
In Maryland, we invested more than $675 million in our wireless and wireline network infrastructure from 2020-2022 to connect more people to greater possibility.
We know how important it is for our customers to stay connected through life’s defining moments, whether you’re celebrating or grieving, learning or working, creating or sharing – from the mountains of Western Maryland to the Eastern Shore. That’s why we’re focused on boosting network reliability and capacity as we expand our network. We’re working to help residents get the best possible AT&T experience wherever they live, work and play.
Committed to expanding connectivity, our investment focuses on all facets of the network —including fiber, 5G and FirstNet,® Built with AT&T.
- Unlocking the Power of 5G: AT&T is America’s Most Reliable 5G Network1, connecting hundreds of millions of Americans to what matters most to them.
- From rural communities to urban areas, our overall wireless voice and data network covers more than 99% of all Americans, including Maryland.
- We’re working with businesses from manufacturing to healthcare to create new innovations and increase efficiencies with AT&T 5G.
- We’re ramping up performance in high-traffic areas, such as airports, stadiums and venues, including National Harbor in Prince George’s County, and in targeted-high traffic communities, like Baltimore and Ocean City.
- For less densely populated areas across Maryland, we’re expanding our 5G network so people there can have access to reliable connectivity.
- Supporting First Responders by Expanding the Nation’s Public Safety Network: As America’s public safety’s communications partner, we’re giving more of the public safety community access to their network. With FirstNet, we’re helping to connect public safety agencies and organizations in more than 120 communities across the state.
- FirstNet includes unique benefits like always-on priority and, for first responders, preemption, high-quality Band 14 spectrum and a one-of-a-kind 5G experience to keep public safety mission ready.
- We’ve rolled out Band 14 on more than 600 sites across Maryland to provide public safety with truly dedicated coverage and capacity when they need it.
At AT&T, we believe every American should be connected to the internet and we’re working with governments and non-profit organizations to make it happen. We’re on track to deliver on our $2B commitment between 2021-2023 to help bridge the digital divide and tackle barriers to broadband access, adoption and affordability.
- AT&T is participating in the FCC’s Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) to help make broadband more affordable for millions of American households. In Maryland, eligible households can apply the federal benefit to AT&T wireless plans with data, such as PREPAID2 and Cricket Wireless.”
- We created AT&T Connected Learning to invest in digital inclusion, digital literacy and digital learning solutions to help today’s students and their families succeed wherever they learn – at home, in the community and in the classroom.
- In Maryland, we’ve donated 3,000 computers to students and their families as part of our commitment to help bridge the digital divide.
Good news is always great to share. Here are a few highlights from the last year in Maryland:
- October 19, 2023 | AT&T Expands 5G Network in Marriottsville: AT&T has expanded its 5G network in communities throughout Maryland, giving residents, first responders, businesses and visitors a big boost in their wireless. A new site in Marriottsville adds coverage and capacity around Marriottsville Road and Old Frederick Road, including Turf Valley.
- August 14, 2023 | AT&T Expands 5G Network in Bel Air, Harford County: AT&T continues to expand its 5G network in Maryland, giving residents, businesses and visitors a big boost in their wireless connectivity. A new site in Bel Air, Harford County, will add coverage and capacity along Churchville Road in Bel Air North. This site also includes Band 14 spectrum, which is nationwide, high-quality spectrum set aside by the federal government specifically for FirstNet. We look at Band 14 as public safety’s VIP lane. In an emergency, this band – or lane – can be cleared and locked just for FirstNet subscribers. When not in use by FirstNet subscribers, AT&T customers can enjoy Band 14’s added coverage and capacity.
- December 7, 2022 | Hagerstown Community College Business Incubator Startup Developing App for First Responders with Help from AT&T Foundation – AT&T Connects (attconnects.com)
- September 29, 2022 | FirstNet, Built with AT&T is Connecting More First Responders Across Maryland – AT&T Connects (attconnects.com)
- September 9, 2022 | New AT&T Public Safety Scholarships Available to Community College of Baltimore County Students – AT&T Connects (attconnects.com)
- June 23, 2022 | The FirstNet Network Expands in Charles County to Advance Public Safety Communications Capabilities in Maryland – AT&T Connects (attconnects.com)
- April 18, 2022 | AT&T Contributes $500,000 to PCs for People To Help Bridge the Digital Divide in Baltimore – AT&T Connects (attconnects.com)
- AT&T Expands 5G Network in Marriottsville and Columbia: AT&T has expanded its 5G network in communities throughout Maryland, giving residents, first responders, businesses and visitors a big boost in their wireless connectivity. A new site in Marriottsville adds coverage and capacity around Marriottsville Road and Old Frederick Road, including Turf Valley. And, a new site in Columbia improves coverage and capacity around Owen Brown Road, Cedar Lane and Freetown Road.
1 Based on nationwide GWS drive test data. GWS conducts paid drive tests for AT&T and uses the data in its analysis. AT&T 5G requires compatible plan and device. 5G not available everywhere. Visit att.com/5Gforyou for details.
2 Limit of one ACP benefit per household
*AT&T 5G requires compatible plan and device. 5G not available everywhere. 5G+ is offered in limited locations in specific cities. Wireless technology varies by device. Go to att.com/5Gforyou for details.
*FirstNet and the FirstNet logo are registered trademarks and service marks of the First Responder Network Authority. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
We help more than 100 million U.S. families, friends and neighbors, plus nearly 2.5 million businesses, connect to greater possibility. From the first phone call 140+ years ago to our 5G wireless and multi-gig internet offerings today, we @ATT innovate to improve lives. For more information about AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T), please visit us at about.att.com. Investors can learn more at investors.att.com.