Investing in our Communities
In Louisiana, as a result of critical work done by Governor Edwards and legislative leadership at the state level and by Parish and municipal leaders across the state, smart public policies are welcoming critical, private-sector investment.
In that pro-investment environment, AT&T invested more than $1.3 billion in our wireless and wireline network infrastructure from 2020-2022 to connect more people to greater possibility.
Whether you’re a business owner connecting to your customers or reaching new markets, or a women’s basketball fan celebrating a National Championship, a parent bragging on your high school or college graduate, or staying in touch with family during natural disasters, we know how important it is for our customers to be connected.
That’s why we’re focused on boosting network reliability and capacity as we expand and enhance our network. We’re working to help residents get the best possible AT&T experience wherever they live, work and play.
The more than 3,100 AT&T employees who call Louisiana home are committed to expanding connectivity, and our investments focuses on all facets of the network —including fiber, 5G, and FirstNet,® Built with AT&T.
- Expanding Access to Fiber: To help meet the demands for reliable, high-speed connections today – and in the future – we’re investing in our fiber network.1 With more than 2.8 million strand-miles of fiber optics connecting businesses and residents and providing wireless network backhaul across Louisiana, we are connecting Louisianians in urban and rural communities alike.
- As of the end of the first quarter of 2023, AT&T Fiber®is available to more than 550,000 customer locations in parts of Louisiana communities like: Abbeville, Abita Springs, Addis, Alexandria, Baker, Baton Rouge, Bogalusa, Bossier City, Broussard, Brusly, Carencro, Central, Covington, Denham Springs, Donaldsonville, Gretna, Hammond, Harahan, Haughton, Houma, Kenner, Lafayette, Lake Charles, Mandeville, Monroe, Morgan City, New Iberia, New Orleans, New Roads, Opelousas, Pineville, Ponchatoula, Port Allen, Ruston, Scott, Shreveport, Slidell, Sterlington, Sulphur, Thibodaux, West Monroe, Westlake, Westwego, Zachary and more.
- Beyond Louisiana, our fiber is available to 19.7M consumer and more than 3M business customer locations in 100+ U.S. metro areas.
- AT&T Fiber provides speed, reliability and value for consumers and businesses to enhance their internet experience for applications like video conferencing, virtual learning, telehealth, gaming and more.
- Unlocking the Power of our Wireless Network: AT&T is America’s Most Reliable 5G Network,2 connecting hundreds of millions of Americans to what matters most to them.
- From rural communities to urban areas, our overall wireless voice and data network covers more than 99% of all Americans, including residents across Louisiana.
- In 2022 alone, we activated more than 200 new mobility sites – both small cells and macro sites in Louisiana. We also completed more than 1,000 upgrades at existing sites across the state – expanding and enhancing LTE network capacity and 5G availability.
- Supporting First Responders by Expanding the Nation’s Public Safety Network: As America’s public safety communications partner, we’re giving more of the public safety community access to their network. With FirstNet, we’re helping connect first responders in more than 230 communities across the state.
- FirstNet includes unique benefits for first responders like always-on priority and preemption, high-quality Band 14 spectrum and a one-of-a-kind 5G experience to keep public safety mission ready.
- We’ve rolled out Band 14 statewide, across more than 1,200 mobility sites to provide public safety with truly dedicated coverage and capacity when they need it.
But we know that the effort to close the digital divide isn’t all about investment in infrastructure. It is also about investment in communities and investment in people. We’re on track to deliver on our $2B commitment between 2021-2023 to help bridge the digital divide and tackle barriers to broadband access, adoption and affordability.
- We’re committed to providing affordable service for low-income households. The Access from AT&T plan– when combined with the federal Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) – can provide no-cost home internet service for eligible households.3,4
- We created AT&T Connected Learning to invest in digital inclusion, digital literacy and digital learning solutions to help today’s students and their families succeed wherever they learn – at home, in the community and in the classroom.
- In recent weeks, we stood alongside state and local leaders and community organizations like the United Way of Southeast Louisiana and the Franklinton Community Family Center, donating laptops for those organizations to give to families in need.
- We have also worked with libraries in communities across the state, offering digital skills trainings to help our neighbors take full advantage of the resources available online.
On behalf of AT&T’s Louisiana employees, we are proud to call Louisiana home, and we are committed to keeping our customers and the communities we serve connected.
1 Internet speed claims represent maximum wired network service capability speeds to the home & recommended setup. Actual customer speeds are not guaranteed. Single device wired speed maximum 4.7Gbps. For more info go to https://www.att.com/speed101.
2 Based on nationwide GWS drive test data. GWS conducts paid drive tests for AT&T and uses the data in its analysis. AT&T 5G requires compatible plan and device. 5G not available everywhere. Visit att.com/5Gforyou for details.
3 Plans up to 100Mbps. Limited availability/areas. Free internet subject to household’s continued ACP eligibility and application of the ACP benefit to Access from AT&T plans.
4 Limit of one ACP benefit per household.
*AT&T 5G requires compatible plan and device. 5G not available everywhere. 5G+ is offered in limited locations in specific cities. Wireless technology varies by device. Go to att.com/5Gforyou for details.
*FirstNet and the FirstNet logo are registered trademarks and service marks of the First Responder Network Authority. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
We help more than 100 million U.S. families, friends and neighbors, plus nearly 2.5 million businesses, connect to greater possibility. From the first phone call 140+ years ago to our 5G wireless and multi-gig internet offerings today, we @ATT innovate to improve lives. For more information about AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T), please visit us at about.att.com. Investors can learn more at investors.att.com.