Investing in our Communities
In Florida, we invested nearly $3.4 billion in our wireless and wireline network infrastructure from 2020-2022 to connect more people to greater possibility.
Cities and communities throughout Florida are seeing the impacts of this investment, including:
- Nearly $30 million in Cape Coral-Fort Myers
- Nearly $120 million in Deltona-Daytona Beach-Ormond Beach
- Nearly $300 million in Jacksonville
- Nearly $70 million in Lakeland-Winter Haven
- Nearly $1.1 billion in Miami-Fort Lauderdale-Pompano Beach
- Nearly $475 million in Orlando-Kissimmee-Sanford
- More than $100 million in Palm Bay-Melbourne-Titusville
- Nearly $100 million in Pensacola-Ferry Pass-Brent
- More than $80 million in Port St. Lucie
- Nearly $100 million in Tallahassee
- Nearly $225 million in Tampa-St. Pete-Clearwater
We know how important it is for our customers to stay connected through life’s defining moments, whether you’re celebrating or grieving, learning or working, creating or sharing. That’s why we’re focused on boosting network reliability and capacity as we expand our network. We’re working to help residents get the best possible AT&T experience wherever they live, work and play.
Committed to expanding connectivity, our investment focuses on all facets of the network —including fiber, 5G and FirstNet,® Built with AT&T.
- Expanding Access to Fiber: To help meet the demands for reliable, high-speed connections today – and in the future – we’re investing in our fiber network. With nearly 6.8 million strand-miles of fiber optics in Florida, AT&T Fiber® is now available to more than 2 million customer locations across the state.
- Beyond Florida, our fiber is available to 7M consumer and more than 3M business customer locations in 100+ U.S. metro areas.
- AT&T Fiber provides speed, reliability and value for consumers and businesses to enhance their internet experience for applications like video conferencing, virtual learning, telehealth, gaming and more.
- Unlocking the Power of 5G: AT&T is America’s Most Reliable 5G Network2, connecting hundreds of millions of Americans to what matters most to them.
- From rural communities to urban areas, our overall wireless voice and data network covers more than 99% of all Americans, including Florida.
- We’re working with businesses from manufacturing to healthcare to create new innovations and increase efficiencies with AT&T 5G.
- We’re ramping up performance in high traffic areas, including airports, stadiums and venues, including Amalie Arena, Amway Center, hard Rock Stadium, Kaseya Center, Raymond James Stadium, Tampa International Airport and Vystar Veterans Memorial Arena.
- For less densely populated areas like Bristol, FL, we’re expanding our 5G network so people there can have access to reliable connectivity.
- Supporting First Responders by Expanding the Nation’s Public Safety Network: As America’s public safety’s communications partner, we’re giving more of the public safety community access to their With FirstNet, we’re helping connect first responders in 200+ communities across the state.
- FirstNet includes unique benefits for first responders like always-on priority and preemption, high-quality Band 14 spectrum and a one-of-a-kind 5G experience to keep public safety mission ready.
- We’ve rolled out Band 14 on 2,800+ sites across Florida to provide public safety with truly dedicated coverage and capacity when they need it.
At AT&T, we believe every American should be connected to the internet and we’re working with governments and non-profit organizations to make it happen. We’re on track to deliver on our $2B commitment between 2021-2023 to help bridge the digital divide and tackle barriers to broadband access, adoption and affordability.
- We’re committed to providing affordable service for low-income households. The Access from AT&T plan– when combined with the federal Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) – can provide no-cost home internet service for eligible households.4
- We created AT&T Connected Learning to invest in digital inclusion, digital literacy and digital learning solutions to help today’s students and their families succeed wherever they learn – at home, in the community and in the classroom.
- With 23 Connected Learning Centers already open across the U.S., we’ve announced plans to reach 50 total centers nationwide, including at Boys & Girls Clubs.
- In Florida, we opened an AT&T Connected Learning Center in West Palm Beach, held 17 digital literacy workshops and distributed 300 computers to students and their families as part of our commitment to help bridge the digital divide.
Good news is always great to share. Here are a few highlights from the last year in Florida:
- May 2 | AT&T Expands Fiber Network in Pensacola. Learn more.
- March 20 | AT&T Opens Connected Learning Center in West Palm Beach to Help Bridge the Digital Divide. Learn More.
- January 25 | AT&T Expands Fiber Network Throughout Jacksonville. Learn more.
- December 15 | City of St. Augustine Signs on to FirstNet. Learn more.
To keep up with all the latest updates from AT&T Florida, follow us on Twitter @ATTPublicPolicy and @ATTPolicyFL.
1 Internet speed claims represent maximum wired network service capability speeds to the home & recommended setup. Actual customer speeds are not guaranteed. Single device wired speed maximum 4.7Gbps. For more info go to https://www.att.com/speed101.
2 Based on nationwide GWS drive test data. GWS conducts paid drive tests for AT&T and uses the data in its analysis. AT&T 5G requires compatible plan and device. 5G not available everywhere. Visit att.com/5Gforyou for details.
3 AT&T 5G requires compatible plan and device. 5G not available everywhere. 5G+ is offered in limited locations in specific cities. Wireless technology varies by device. Go to att.com/5Gforyou for details.
4 Plans up to 100Mbps. Limited availability/areas. Free internet subject to household’s continued ACP eligibility and application of the ACP benefit to Access from AT&T plans.
5 Limit of one ACP benefit per household.
*FirstNet and the FirstNet logo are registered trademarks and service marks of the First Responder Network Authority. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
We help more than 100 million U.S. families, friends and neighbors, plus nearly 2.5 million businesses, connect to greater possibility. From the first phone call 140+ years ago to our 5G wireless and multi-gig internet offerings today, we @ATT innovate to improve lives. For more information about AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T), please visit us at about.att.com. Investors can learn more at investors.att.com.