December 12, 2022 | AT&T Turns On New 5G Sites Across West Virginia: AT&T* continues its 5G network expansion in West Virginia, giving residents, businesses and visitors a big boost in their wireless connectivity. We’ve recently added mobile broadband sites in the Eastern portion of the state to enhance the coverage and capacity, and help customers unlock the power of America’s Most Reliable 5G Network.1
- In Berkeley County, a new site in the Martinsburg area improves coverage and capacity near Pikeside and Arden. A second site in Martinsburg improves coverage and capacity around Baker Heights and Douglas Grove. And, a new site in the Martinsburg area boosts coverage and capacity between Route 12 and Opequon Creek.
- In Jefferson County, new site in Summit Point boosts coverage and capacity around South Childs Road and Leestown Road. Another site in Summit Point improves coverage and capacity around Summit Point Motorsports Park.
- And, in Ohio County, a new site boosts coverage and capacity in Overbrook and Clinton and along SR-88 northeast of Oglebay Resort.
- “At AT&T, we’re continuing to invest in our mobile broadband network in counties and communities across the state to make connections easier for residents, visitors, businesses and first responders throughout West Virginia. These investments add to the quality of life, commercial vitality, innovative spirit and economic competitiveness of the state.” – Andy Feeney, president, AT&T West Virginia
AT&T Investments Connect Communities
In West Virginia, we invested nearly $200 million in our wireless and wireline networks from 2019-2021.
We know how important it is for our customers to stay connected. That’s why we’re focused on boosting network reliability and capacity as we expand our network nationwide. This helps residents get the best possible experience over the AT&T network where they live, work and play, as well as supporting first responders on FirstNet®.
Committed to expanding connectivity, our investment focuses on all network layers—from 5G to FirstNet.
- Unlocking the Power of 5G: AT&T is America’s Most Reliable 5G Network2. AT&T currently offers different flavors of 5G*, which helps enable the network to reach its full potential, including:
- AT&T 5G using low-band spectrum offers fast speeds and reaches more than 277 million people in more than 18,000 cities and towns in the U.S. including parts of West Virginia.
- Supporting First Responders by Expanding the Nation’s Public Safety Network: FirstNet, Built with AT&T, is the only nationwide, high-speed broadband network built with and for America’s first responders. Today, we have hundreds of sites with FirstNet – helping to connect public safety agencies and organizations in more than 160 communities across the state. It provides America’s first responders and the extended public safety community with truly dedicated coverage and capacity when they need it. FirstNet includes unique benefits like always-on priority and preemption, high-quality Band 14 spectrum and a one-of-a-kind 5G experience to keep public safety mission ready.
1 Based on nationwide GWS drive test data. GWS conducts paid drive tests for AT&T and uses the data in its analysis. AT&T 5G requires compatible plan and device. 5G is not available everywhere. Go to att.com/5Gforyou for details.
2 AT&T awarded Best Network by GWS OneScore 2021. GWS conducts paid drive tests for AT&T and uses the data in its OneScore analysis. AT&T 5G requires compatible plan and device. 5G not available everywhere. Go to att.com/5Gforyou for details.
* To experience AT&T 5G+, you’ll need to be in a 5G+ coverage area, have a 5G+ capable device, and be on one of our plans that include 5G and 5G+ access at no extra charge. See att.com/unlimited for more details.
® FirstNet and the FirstNet logo are registered trademarks and service marks of the First Responder Network Authority. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
About AT&T Communications
We help family, friends and neighbors connect in meaningful ways every day. From the first phone call 140+ years ago to mobile video streaming, we @ATT innovate to improve lives. AT&T Communications is part of AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T). For more information, please visit us at att.com.