- July 25, 2022 | FirstNet, Built with AT&T Launches New Cell Site near Zap in Mercer County to Support First Responders and Deliver High-Speed, Wireless Connectivity for Residents: FirstNet®, Built with AT&T has completed a new cell site North of Zap along 65th Ave SW in Mercer County. As a result, local first responders and area residents are getting a major boost in their high-speed wireless communications coverage and capabilities.
- “Through FirstNet, first responder subscribers in Zap and communities across North Dakota have access to dedicated wireless connectivity to help them coordinate and communicate during emergencies. And that investment in wireless broadband not only helps first responders but is also important for small businesses, farmers, ranchers, schools, medical facilities and many others across the state who rely on high-speed connectivity,” said AT&T President Northern Plains Cheryl Riley.
- “FirstNet is a dedicated broadband platform for public safety, by public safety. We worked together with the North Dakota public safety community to understand their needs for the network. And this new infrastructure is a prime example of how that input and feedback is becoming reality. We look forward to supporting North Dakota first responders’ use of FirstNet to help them save lives and protect our communities,” said Lisa Casias, Acting CEO, FirstNet Authority.
- July 13, 2022 | AT&T Boosts Network Speeds for Eastern North Dakota: AT&T* has expanded its 5G network in Eastern North Dakota, giving residents, businesses and visitors a big boost in their wireless connectivity. We’ve added new network infrastructure to enhance the area’s coverage and capacity, and help customers unlock the power of America’s Most Reliable 5G Network.1
- “Counties are strongly committed to the timely and successful deployment of 5G facilities and services throughout the State and we welcome this development,” said Aaron Birst, Executive Director of the North Dakota Association of Counties.
- “From connecting family and loved ones to helping first responders during a crisis, AT&T is committed to investing across the state to build state-of-the-art infrastructure that will help keep people connected,” said AT&T Northern Plains President Cheryl Riley. “By continuing to improve our network at the state and local levels, we are helping businesses grow in North Dakota and helping to ensure that our customers and communities stay connected throughout the country,” said AT&T President Northern Plains Cheryl Riley.
AT&T Investments Connect Communities
In North Dakota, we invested more than $70 million in our wireless and wireline networks from 2019-2021 in cities and communities across the state.
We know how important it is for our customers to stay connected. That’s why we’re focused on boosting network reliability and capacity as we expand our network nationwide. This helps residents get the best possible experience over the AT&T network where they live, work and play, as well as supporting first responders on FirstNet®.
We are also working closely with local communities and government leaders in North Dakota to expand access to high-speed internet. By combining the resources of the government and private sector, we can fast-track the closing of the digital divide regardless of income or zip code.
- Unlocking the Power of 5G: AT&T is America’s Most Reliable 5G Network.1 AT&T currently offers 3 flavors of 5G*, which helps enable the network to reach its full potential. Here’s how they work:
- AT&T 5G using low-band spectrum offers fast speeds and reaches more than 255 million people in more than 18,000 cities and towns in the U.S.
- AT&T 5G+ recently introduced mid-band spectrum in limited parts of 8 metros around the country. This spectrum sits between our other 2 bands. The mid-band spectrum provides a great combination of ultra-fast speeds and wide geographic coverage.
- AT&T 5G+ using high-band (millimeter wave) spectrum delivers super-fast speeds and unprecedented performances in high traffic areas including parts of more than 45 cities and 40 stadiums and venues nationwide
- Supporting First Responders by Expanding the Nation’s Public Safety Network: FirstNet, Built with AT&T, is the only nationwide, high-speed broadband network built with and for America’s first responders. With FirstNet, we are helping to connect public safety agencies and organizations in more than 40 communities across the state. Since launching FirstNet, we’ve increased our coverage area in the state, growing our network by more than 20 percent. And with Band 14 deployed on over 40 sites, North Dakota first responders in cities such as Bismarck, Grand Forks and Fargo as well as in rural towns and communities are currently benefitting from the truly dedicated coverage and capacity it provides when they need it.
Here are a few highlights of the enhancements we’ve made in North Dakota:
- APRIL 2022: We added a new FirstNet site with Band 14 spectrum Southeast of Minot near Anamoose for first responders and residents. The new site will expand coverage in the area and provide customers with faster, more reliable wireless services.
- DECEMBER 2021: AT&T built two new FirstNet cell towers, one Southwest of Fargo near Barrie and one North of Devil’s Lake near Munich. The new sites both include FirstNet B14 spectrum, which will deliver enhanced high-speed wireless broadband coverage for first responders and customers in those communities.
- NOVEMBER 2021: AT&T added another new FirstNet site West of Williston near US 2. This new site will not only deliver improved coverage, faster data speeds and improved reliability, but will provide local first responders with the mobile online capabilities and tools they need to help them save lives and protect communities.
1 Based on nationwide GWS drive test data. GWS conducts paid drive tests for AT&T and uses the data in its analysis. AT&T 5G requires compatible plan and device. 5G is not available everywhere. Go to att.com/5Gforyou for details.
2 AT&T awarded Best Network by GWS OneScore 2021. GWS conducts paid drive tests for AT&T and uses the data in its OneScore analysis. AT&T 5G requires compatible plan and device. 5G not available everywhere. Go to att.com/5Gforyou for details.
* To experience AT&T 5G+, you’ll need to be in a 5G+ coverage area, have a 5G+ capable device, and be on one of our plans that include 5G and 5G+ access at no extra charge. See att.com/unlimited for more details.
® FirstNet and the FirstNet logo are registered trademarks and service marks of the First Responder Network Authority. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
About AT&T Communications
We help family, friends and neighbors connect in meaningful ways every day. From the first phone call 140+ years ago to mobile video streaming, we @ATT innovate to improve lives. AT&T Communications is part of AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T). For more information, please visit us at att.com.