AT&T Investments Connect Communities
In New York, we invested more than $1.6 billion in our wireless and wireline networks from 2019-2021.
We know how important it is for our customers to stay connected. That’s why we’re focused on boosting network reliability and capacity as we expand our network nationwide. This helps residents get the best possible experience over the AT&T network where they live, work and play, and supports our first responders on FirstNet®.
We are also working closely with local communities and government leaders in New York to expand access to high-speed internet. By combining the resources of the government and private sectors, we can fast-track the closing of the digital divide regardless of income or zip code.
Committed to expanding connectivity, our investment focuses on all network layers—from 5G and FirstNet.
- Unlocking the Power of 5G: AT&T is America’s Most Reliable 5G Network1. AT&T currently offers 3 flavors of 5G*, which help enable the network to reach its full potential. Here’s how they work:
- AT&T 5G using low-band spectrum offers fast speeds and reaches more than 255 million people in more than 18,000 cities and towns in the U.S., including New York City.
- AT&T 5G+ using high-band (millimeter wave) spectrum delivers super-fast speeds and unprecedented performances in high traffic areas, including parts of more than 45 cities, like New York City, and 40 stadiums and venues nationwide.
- Supporting First Responders by Expanding the Nation’s Public Safety Network: FirstNet, Built with AT&T is the only nationwide, high-speed broadband network built with and for America’s first responders. Today, we significantly cover the Empire State with FirstNet – helping to connect public safety agencies and organizations in more than 340 communities across the State. It provides America’s first responders and the extended public safety community with truly dedicated coverage and capacity when they need it. FirstNet includes unique benefits like always-on priority and preemption, high-quality Band 14 spectrum and a one-of-a-kind 5G experience to keep public safety mission ready.
Here are a few highlights of the enhancements we’ve made in New York in the last few years:
- Over the past three years, AT&T has added nearly 400 new cell sites across New York to enhance the area’s 4G LTE coverage and to help give residents and first responders faster, more reliable wireless service.
- We have also deployed enhancements and upgrades to thousands of cell sites in New York during the same time frame.
- We have rolled out Band 14 on thousands of sites across New York to provide the public safety community with truly dedicated coverage and capacity when they need it.
- We’ve added new FirstNet purpose-built cell sites in 33 counties across the state: Albany, Allegany, Broome, Cattaraugus, Chemung, Chenango, Clinton, Columbia, Delaware, Dutchess, Essex, Franklin, Hamilton, Herkimer, Jefferson, Lewis, Madison, Niagara, Oneida, Onondaga, Oswego, Otsego, Saratoga, Schoharie, Schuyler, Seneca, St. Lawrence, Steuben, Tioga, Tompkins, Ulster, Washington and Wyoming. Learn More.
1 AT&T awarded Best Network by GWS OneScore 2021. GWS conducts paid drive tests for AT&T and uses the data in its OneScore analysis. AT&T 5G requires compatible plan and device. 5G not available everywhere. Go to att.com/5Gforyou for details.
* To experience AT&T 5G+, you’ll need to be in a 5G+ coverage area, have a 5G+ capable device and be on one of our plans that includes 5G and 5G+ access at no extra charge. See att.com/unlimited for more details.
® FirstNet and the FirstNet logo are registered trademarks and service marks of the First Responder Network Authority. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
About AT&T Communications
We help family, friends and neighbors connect in meaningful ways every day. From the first phone call 140+ years ago to mobile video streaming, we @ATT innovate to improve lives. AT&T Communications is part of AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T). For more information, please visit us at att.com.