AT&T Investments Connect Communities
In New Hampshire, we invested more than $100 million in our wireless networks from 2019-2021.
We know how important it is for our customers to stay connected. That’s why we’re focused on boosting network reliability and capacity as we expand our network nationwide. This helps residents get the best possible experience over the AT&T network where- they live, work and play, as well as supporting first responders on FirstNet®.
We are also working closely with local communities and government leaders in New Hampshire to expand access to high-speed internet. By combining the resources of the government and private sector, we can fast-track the closing of the digital divide regardless of income or zip code.
Committed to expanding connectivity, our investment focuses on all network layers—from fiber to 5G and FirstNet.
- Supporting First Responders by Expanding the Nation’s Public Safety Network: FirstNet, Built with AT&T, is the only nationwide, high-speed broadband network built with and for America’s first responders. Today, we cover all of New Hampshire with FirstNet – helping to connect public safety agencies and organizations in more than 70 communities across the state. It provides America’s first responders and the extended public safety community with truly dedicated coverage and capacity when they need it. FirstNet includes unique benefits like always-on priority and preemption, high-quality Band 14 spectrum and a one-of-a-kind 5G experience to keep public safety mission ready.
- Unlocking the Power of 5G: AT&T is America’s Most Reliable 5G Network1.
- AT&T 5G using low-band spectrum offers fast speeds and reaches more than 255 million people in more than 18,000 cities and towns in the U.S. including Portsmouth.
Here are a few highlights of the enhancements we’ve made in New Hampshire in the last few years:
- April 5, 2022 | We’ve added a new cell site in the Chestnut Street area in Dover to enhance the area’s 4G LTE coverage and help give residents and first responders faster, more reliable wireless service. This network enhancement in Dover also brings Band 14 spectrum to the area.
- February 15, 2022 | New infrastructure will give New Hampshire first responders a boost in connectivity. We’ve added new, purpose-built FirstNet cell sites in Berlin, Concord, Derry, Farmington, Jaffrey, Shelburne and Stewartstown, which will cover surrounding areas, neighborhoods and businesses. Learn more.
- February 15, 2022 | Expanding coverage in Manchester. AT&T also added a new cell tower in Manchester to enhance the area’s 4G LTE coverage and help give customers faster, more reliable wireless service. Learn more.
- June 9, 2021 | Completed network enhancements to 200+ cell sites across New Hampshire and built out FirstNet’s Band 14 spectrum in more than 120 municipalities including in Portsmouth, the Manchester-Nashua area, and towns in Carroll County and Coös County to name a few. Learn more.
- March 31, 2021 | Added new, purpose-built FirstNetcell sites in the Route 9 area of Antrim and Center Conway.
- March 17, 2021 | Added a new, purpose-built FirstNetcell site in the Ragged Mountain area of Danbury. Learn more.
- October 26, 2020 | Added new, purpose-built FirstNetcell sites in Grafton, Rockingham, Strafford, Merrimack, Cheshire and Belknap counties. And, completed updates to more than 200 existing cell sites across New Hampshire and launched additional new cell sites in 8 towns, including Exeter, Bedford, Alton, Rumney, Boscawen, Concord, Bradford and Wolfeboro. Learn more.
- February 14, 2020 | Launched 4 new, purpose-built FirstNet cell sites in Pembroke, Stoddard, Rumney and North Hampton. Deployed Band 14 in more than 100 towns across New Hampshire including Keene, Littleton, Manchester and Portsmouth. And in addition to the FirstNet build, AT&T also launched 6 other new cell sites and performed 100+ network enhancements across the state. Learn more.
About AT&T Communications
We help family, friends and neighbors connect in meaningful ways every day. From the first phone call 140+ years ago to mobile video streaming, we @ATT innovate to improve lives. AT&T Communications is part of AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T). For more information, please visit us at att.com.
FirstNet and the FirstNet logo are registered trademarks and service marks of the First Responder Network Authority. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
1 AT&T awarded Best 5G Network by GWS OneScore 2021. GWS conducts paid drive tests for AT&T and uses the data in its OneScore analysis. AT&T 5G requires compatible plan and device. 5G not available everywhere. Go to att.com/5Gforyou for details.