AT&T Investments Connect Communities
In Montana, we invested nearly $120 million in our wireless and wireline networks from 2019-2021.
We know how important it is for our customers to stay connected. That’s why we’re focused on boosting network reliability and capacity as we expand our network nationwide. This helps residents get the best possible experience over the AT&T network where they live, work and play, as well as supporting first responders on FirstNet®.
We are also working closely with local communities and government leaders in Montana to expand access to fast and reliable internet. By combining the resources of the government and private sector, we can fast-track the closing of the digital divide regardless of income or zip code.
- Unlocking the Power of 5G: AT&T is America’s Most Reliable 5G Network1. AT&T currently offers 3 flavors of 5G*, which helps enable the network to reach its full potential.
- Supporting First Responders by Expanding the Nation’s Public Safety Network: FirstNet, built with AT&T, is the only nationwide, high-speed broadband network built with and for America’s first responders. Today, we cover nearly all of Montana with FirstNet – helping to connect public safety agencies and organizations in more than 40 communities across the state. It provides America’s first responders and the extended public safety community with truly dedicated coverage and capacity when they need it. FirstNet includes unique benefits like always-on priority and preemption, high-quality Band 14 spectrum and a one-of-a-kind 5G experience to keep public safety mission ready.
Here are a few highlights of the enhancements we’ve made in Montana last year:
- September 2021 | We’ve improved connectivity in Fort Peck with new cell site infrastructure. Equipped with FirstNet B14 spectrum technology, this new site will help first responders keep recreationalists safe as they enjoy the nearby lake.
- November 2021 | Increased capacity in Whitehall. Located off I-90 in southwest Montana, this new FirstNet-capable cell site will help improve capacity for heavy traffic on the nearby interstate and improve first responders’ ability to communicate in the event of an accident.
- December 2021 | Enhanced public safety in Oilfield. Using FirstNet technology, AT&T is providing public safety a boost by installing a dedicated line of communication for local first responders in the event of an emergency. Network improvements in rural areas like Oilfield are essential to help keep residents safe and connected.
1 AT&T awarded Best Network by GWS OneScore 2021. GWS conducts paid drive tests for AT&T and uses the data in its OneScore analysis. AT&T 5G requires compatible plan and device. 5G not available everywhere. Go to att.com/5Gforyou for details.
* To experience AT&T 5G+, you’ll need to be in a 5G+ coverage area, have a 5G+ capable device, and be on one of our plans that include 5G and 5G+ access at no extra charge. See att.com/unlimited for more details.
® FirstNet and the FirstNet logo are registered trademarks and service marks of the First Responder Network Authority. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
About AT&T Communications
We help family, friends and neighbors connect in meaningful ways every day. From the first phone call 140+ years ago to mobile video streaming, we @ATT innovate to improve lives. AT&T Communications is part of AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T). For more information, please visit us at att.com.