AT&T Investments Connect Communities
In Mississippi, we invested more than $750 million in our wireless and wireline networks from 2019-2021.
We know how important it is for communities to stay connected. That’s why we’re focused on boosting network reliability and capacity as we expand our network statewide. This helps residents get our best possible experience over the AT&T network where they live, work, and play, as well as supporting first responders on FirstNet®.
We are also working closely with local communities and government leaders in Mississippi to expand access to fast and reliable internet. By combining the resources of the government and private sector, we can fast-track the deployment of essential infrastructure to communities, regardless of zip code.
Our Mississippi teams are hard at work deploying fiber to keep businesses and residents connected in communities across the state. In coordination with state and local officials, we are eager to put our experience and expertise to work on these critical projects to help close the digital divide.
Committed to expanding connectivity, our investment focuses on all facets of the network—from fiber to 5G and FirstNet.
- Expanding Access to Fiber: To meet the demands of evolving connections and technologies today – and in the future – we are investing in our fiber network. As of the end of the first quarter of 2022, AT&T Fiber® is available to more than 180,000 locations in parts of Mississippi communities like Bay St. Louis, Biloxi, Brandon, Byram, Canton, Clinton, Columbus, Diamondhead, D’Iberville, Flowood, Gautier, Gulfport, Hattiesburg, Jackson, Long Beach, Madison, Natchez, Ocean Springs, Oxford, Pearl, Picayune, Ridgeland, Southaven, Starkville, and Tupelo.
- AT&T Fiber is the fastest internet among major providers with speeds of up to 5-Gigs1 and provides premium speed, reliability, security, and next gen Wi-Fi for consumers and businesses to enhance their internet experience for applications like video conferencing, virtual learning, smart home devices, telehealth, gaming and more.
- Affordability with Access from AT&T: AT&T is dedicated to making home internet more affordable for low-income households through its Access from AT&T program, which now provides a new internet plan with up to 100 Mbps for $30 a month.2 When eligible households apply the Affordable Connectivity Program’s (ACP) federal benefit of up to $30/month (or up to $75/month on qualifying Tribal lands) to their Access from AT&T plan, they can get their internet for free.3
- Supporting First Responders by Expanding the Nation’s Public Safety Network: FirstNet, Built with AT&T, is the only nationwide, high-speed broadband network built with and for America’s first responders. Today, we cover nearly all of Mississippi with FirstNet – helping to connect public safety agencies and organizations in more than 100 communities across the state. It provides America’s first responders and the extended public safety community with truly dedicated coverage and capacity when they need it. FirstNet includes unique benefits like always-on priority and preemption, high-quality Band 14 spectrum and a one-of-a-kind 5G experience to keep public safety mission ready.
- Unlocking the Power of 5G: AT&T is America’s Most Reliable 5G Network4. AT&T currently offers various flavors of 5G*, which helps enable the network to reach its full potential. Here’s how they work:
- AT&T 5G using low-band spectrum offers fast speeds and reaches more than 277 million people nationwide.
- AT&T 5G+ recently introduced mid-band spectrum. This spectrum sits between our other 2 bands. The mid-band spectrum provides a great combination of ultra-fast speeds and wide geographic coverage.
1 Limited availability in select areas. Fastest based on 5Gbps offering. Internet speed claims represent maximum wired network service capability speeds to the home and recommended setup. Actual customer speeds are not guaranteed. Single device wired speed maximum 4.7Gbps. For more information go to www.att.com/speed101.
2 Access from AT&T is available only in the AT&T 21-state wireline footprint. You’ll receive the maximum speed available at your address. $30 Access plan includes unlimited data for households with speeds up to 100Mbps. $5 and $10 Access plans include 150GB or 1TB of data allowance per month depending on type & speed of service. You will be charged $10 for each add’l 50GB of data usage if you exceed your monthly data allowance, even if less than 50 gigabytes is used. For more information, go to att.com/internet-usage.
3 Terms, conditions and restrictions apply. Free with Access from AT&T 12-100Mbps plans only.
4 AT&T awarded Best Network by GWS OneScore 2021. GWS conducts paid drive tests for AT&T and uses the data in its OneScore analysis. AT&T 5G requires compatible plan and device. 5G not available everywhere. Go to att.com/5Gforyou for details.
* To experience AT&T 5G+, you’ll need to be in a 5G+ coverage area, have a 5G+ capable device, and be on one of our plans that include 5G and 5G+ access at no extra charge. See att.com/unlimited for more details.
® FirstNet and the FirstNet logo are registered trademarks and service marks of the First Responder Network Authority. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
About AT&T Communications
We help family, friends and neighbors connect in meaningful ways every day. From the first phone call 140+ years ago to mobile video streaming, we @ATT innovate to improve lives. AT&T Communications is part of AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T). For more information, please visit us at att.com.