AT&T Investments Connect Communities
In Massachusetts, we invested nearly $600 million in our wireless networks from 2019-2021.
Cities and communities throughout Massachusetts are impacted by this investment, including:
- More than $425 million in the Boston/Cambridge/Quincy area.
- Nearly $80 million in Worcester.
We know how important it is for our customers to stay connected. That’s why we’re focused on boosting network reliability and capacity as we expand our network nationwide. This helps residents get the best possible experience over the AT&T network where they live, work and play, as well as supporting first responders on FirstNet®.
We are also working closely with local communities and government leaders in Massachusetts to expand access to high-speed internet. By combining the resources of the government and private sector, we can fast-track the closing of the digital divide regardless of income or zip code.
Committed to expanding connectivity, our investment focuses on all network layers—from 5G to FirstNet.
- Unlocking the Power of 5G: AT&T is America’s Most Reliable 5G Network1. AT&T currently offers 2 flavors of 5G*, which help enable the network to reach its full potential. Here’s how they work:
- AT&T 5G using low-band spectrum offers fast speeds and reaches more than 255 million people in more than 18,000 cities and towns in the U.S. nationwide, including Boston.
- AT&T 5G+ using millimeter wave spectrum delivers super-fast speeds and unprecedented performances in high traffic areas, including parts of more than 40 cities, including Boston, and in more than 40 stadiums and venues nationwide, including Boston’s TD Garden.
- Supporting First Responders by Expanding the Nation’s Public Safety Network: FirstNet, Built with AT&T is the only nationwide, high-speed broadband network built with and for America’s first responders. Today, we cover the entire state with FirstNet, Built with AT&T – helping to connect public safety agencies and organizations in more than 170 communities across Massachusetts. It provides America’s first responders and the extended public safety community with truly dedicated coverage and capacity when they need it. FirstNet includes unique benefits like always-on priority and preemption, high-quality Band 14 spectrum and a one-of-a-kind 5G experience to keep public safety mission ready.
Here are a few highlights of the enhancements we’ve made in Massachusetts in the last few years:
- April 19, 2022 | New infrastructure will give Massachusetts first responders a boost in connectivity. We’ve added a new, purpose-built FirstNet cell site in Colrain, MA, which will cover surrounding areas, neighborhoods and businesses.
- April 7, 2022 | FirstNet, Built with AT&T is Connecting More First Responders Across Massachusetts Learn more.
- March 24, 2022 | Foxborough – We’ve added a new cell site in Foxborough, MA to enhance the area’s 4G LTE coverage and help give residents and first responders faster, more reliable wireless service. This network enhancement in Foxborough also brings Band 14 spectrum to the area.
- March 11, 2022 | Quincy – We’ve added a new cell site in Quincy, MA to enhance the area’s 4G LTE coverage and help give residents and first responders faster, more reliable wireless service. This network enhancement in Quincy also brings Band 14 spectrum to the area.
- January 31, 2022 | New FirstNet Cell Sites Launch in Western Massachusetts to Support First Responders Learn more.
- January 21, 2022 | Holliston – New FirstNet Cell Site Launches in Holliston, MA Learn more.
- January 21, 2022 | Petersham – New FirstNet Cell Site Launches in Petersham, MA
- January 11, 2022 | Worcester – We’ve added a new cell site in Worcester, MA to enhance the area’s 4G LTE coverage and help give residents and first responders faster, more reliable wireless service. This network enhancement in Worcester also brings Band 14 spectrum to the area.
- October 13, 2021 | We’ve added new cell sites in Brockton, Amherst, Turners Falls, Medfield, Stoughton and North Andover to enhance the area’s 4G LTE coverage and help give residents and first responders faster, more reliable wireless service. These network enhancements also bring Band 14 spectrum to the area.
- October 5, 2021 | We’ve added new cell sites in Sudbury and Grafton to enhance the area’s 4G LTE coverage and help give residents and first responders faster, more reliable wireless service.
- September 24, 2020 | First Responders Get Connectivity Boost from New FirstNet Cell Sites in Worthington, Hardwick and Huntington Learn more.
- June 10, 2020 | FirstNet Cell Site Launches in Monterey, MA Learn more.
1 AT&T awarded Best Network by GWS OneScore 2021. GWS conducts paid drive tests for AT&T and uses the data in its OneScore analysis. AT&T 5G requires compatible plan and device. 5G not available everywhere. Go to att.com/5Gforyou for details.
* To experience AT&T 5G+, you’ll need to be in a 5G+ coverage area, have a 5G+ capable device, and be on one of our plans that include 5G and 5G+ access at no extra charge. See att.com/unlimited for more details.
® FirstNet and the FirstNet logo are registered trademarks and service marks of the First Responder Network Authority. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
About AT&T Communications
We help family, friends and neighbors connect in meaningful ways every day. From the first phone call 140+ years ago to mobile video streaming, we @ATT innovate to improve lives. AT&T Communications is part of AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T). For more information, please visit us at att.com.