- March 6, 2023 | AT&T Turns on More New 5G Sites Across Maryland: AT&T continues its 5G network expansion in Maryland, giving residents, businesses and visitors a big boost in their wireless connectivity. We recently added mobile broadband sites in communities across Maryland, to enhance the coverage and capacity, and help customers unlock the power of America’s Most Reliable 5G Network.1 The new sites are in the following communities:
- Carroll County: The new site in Westminster will improve coverage and capacity around Deer Park Road and Sykesville Road.
- Howard County: A new site in Elkridge will improve coverage and capacity around Dorsey Run Road, and a new site in West Friendship will improve coverage and capacity around West Friendship and Benson.
- Prince George’s County: A new site in Clinton will improve coverage and capacity around Clinton and Rosaryville.
- St. Mary’s County: The new site in Leonardtown will improve coverage and capacity around Leonardtown Road and Compton.
- Talbot County: The new site in Easton will improve coverage and capacity around Easton, Denton Road and White Lane.
- Washington County: A new site in Big Pool will improve coverage and capacity around Gehr Road and near Indian Springs and Big Pool.
- “At the Chamber, we’re working hard to attract new businesses to our region and help existing businesses grow. We’re focused on helping to create and support a prosperous private sector and a thriving community. AT&T’s continued investment in this area is good news and it helps us achieve our goals,” Paul Frey, President and CEO, Washington County Chamber of Commerce
- “At AT&T, we’re continuing to invest in our mobile broadband network in communities across the state to make connections easier for residents, visitors, businesses and first responders throughout Maryland. These investments add to the quality of life, commercial vitality, innovative spirit and economic competitiveness of the state,” Denis Dunn, President – AT&T Maryland
AT&T Investments Connect Communities
In Maryland, we invested more than $700 million in our wireless and wireline networks from 2019-2021.
Cities and communities throughout Maryland are impacted by this investment, including nearly $500 million in the Greater Baltimore area.
We know how important it is for our customers to stay connected. That’s why we’re focused on boosting network reliability and capacity as we expand our network nationwide. This helps residents get the best possible experience over the AT&T network where they live, work and play, as well as supporting first responders on FirstNet®.
Committed to expanding connectivity, our investment focuses on all network layers—from 5G to FirstNet.
- Unlocking the Power of 5G: AT&T is America’s Most Reliable 5G Network1. AT&T currently offers different flavors of 5G*, which helps enable the network to reach its full potential.
- AT&T 5G using low-band spectrum offers fast speeds and reaches more than 277 million people in more than 18,000 cities and towns in the U.S. including communities in Maryland.
- AT&T 5G+ using high-band (millimeter wave) spectrum delivers super-fast speeds and unprecedented performances in high traffic areas including parts of more than 45 cities and 40 stadiums and venues nationwide, including parts of Baltimore and Ocean City.
- Supporting First Responders by Expanding the Nation’s Public Safety Network: FirstNet, Built with AT&T, is the only nationwide, high-speed broadband network built with and for America’s first responders. Today, we cover nearly all of Maryland with FirstNet – helping to connect public safety agencies and organizations in more than 100 communities across the state. It provides America’s first responders and the extended public safety community with truly dedicated coverage and capacity when they need it. FirstNet includes unique benefits like always-on priority and preemption, high-quality Band 14 spectrum and a one-of-a-kind 5G experience to keep public safety mission ready.
Here are a few highlights of the enhancements we’ve made in Maryland in the last few years:
- 01/04/2022 | New Mobile Broadband Site in Carroll County. Learn more.
- 07/29/2021 | New FirstNet Cell Sites Turned on in Allegany County. Learn more.
- 07/22/2021 | New FirstNet Cell Site Turned on in Dorchester County. Learn more.
1 AT&T awarded Best Network by GWS OneScore 2021. GWS conducts paid drive tests for AT&T and uses the data in its OneScore analysis. AT&T 5G requires compatible plan and device. 5G not available everywhere. Go to att.com/5Gforyou for details.
* To experience AT&T 5G+, you’ll need to be in a 5G+ coverage area, have a 5G+ capable device, and be on one of our plans that include 5G and 5G+ access at no extra charge. See att.com/unlimited for more details.
® FirstNet and the FirstNet logo are registered trademarks and service marks of the First Responder Network Authority. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
About AT&T Communications
We help family, friends and neighbors connect in meaningful ways every day. From the first phone call 140+ years ago to mobile video streaming, we @ATT innovate to improve lives. AT&T Communications is part of AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T). For more information, please visit us at att.com.