AT&T Investments Connect Communities
In Maine, we invested nearly $150 million in our wireless network from 2019-2021.
We know how important it is for our customers to stay connected. That’s why we’re focused on boosting network reliability and capacity as we expand our network nationwide. This helps residents get the best possible experience over the AT&T network where they live, work and play, as well as supporting first responders on FirstNet®.
We are also working closely with local communities and government leaders in Maine to expand access to high-speed internet. By combining the resources of the government and private sector, we can fast-track the closing of the digital divide regardless of income or zip code.
To further expand coverage, AT&T acquired and recently completed updates to over 150 existing cell sites across central and northern Maine in 2021. As of December 2021, AT&T is now Maine’s largest network..
- Supporting First Responders by Expanding the Nation’s Public Safety Network: FirstNet, Built with AT&T, is the only nationwide, high-speed broadband network built with and for America’s first responders. First responders in more than 90 communities across Maine are using FirstNet. Since launching FirstNet, we’ve tripled our coverage area in Maine. And with Band 14 deployed on hundreds of sites statewide, Maine first responders in communities such as Bangor, Portland, Lewiston-Auburn, Kennebec and Oxford are currently benefitting from the truly dedicated coverage and capacity it provides when they need it. FirstNet includes unique benefits like always-on priority and preemption, high-quality Band 14 spectrum and a one-of-a-kind 5G experience to keep public safety mission ready.
Here are a few highlights of the enhancements we’ve made in Maine in the last few years:
- February 15, 2022 | New FirstNet Cell Sites Launch across Maine to Support First Responders – we’ve added new, purpose-built FirstNet cell sites located in Bucksport, Naples and Ogunquit. Learn more.
- February 15, 2022 | Ellsworth, Rockland and Sanford – We’ve added new cell sites in Ellsworth, Rockland and Sandford to enhance these areas’ 4G LTE coverage and help give residents and first responders faster, more reliable wireless service. This network enhancement also brings Band 14 spectrum to these areas. Learn more.
- February 1, 2022 | Harpswell – New FirstNet Cell Site Launches in Harpswell, ME.
- May 25, 2021 | Penobscot County First Responders Get Connectivity Boost from New FirstNet Cell Sites
- September 9, 2020 | FirstNet Network Expands Across Maine to Advance Public Safety Communications Capabilities – we added purpose-built FirstNet cell sites in Aroostook, Penobscot, Oxford, Somerset, Hancock, Kennebec and Knox counties; in addition, AT&T added new cell sites in Biddeford, Springvale, Buxton, Hartland, Easton, Dayton, and Rockwood to enhance 4G LTE coverage and bring Band 14 spectrum to those areas. Learn more.
- August 19, 2020 | New FirstNet Cell Site Launches in Stonington to Support First Responders