AT&T Investments Connect Communities
In Idaho, we invested nearly $100 million in our wireless and wireline networks from 2019-2021.
Cities and communities throughout Idaho are impacted by this investment, including nearly $30 million in Boise and Nampa.
We know how important it is for our customers to stay connected. That’s why we’re focused on boosting network reliability and capacity as we expand our network nationwide. This helps residents get the best possible experience over the AT&T network where they live, work and play, as well as supporting first responders on FirstNet®.
We are also working closely with local communities and government leaders in Idaho to expand access to fast and reliable internet. By combining the resources of the government and private sector, we can fast-track the closing of the digital divide regardless of income or zip code.
- Unlocking the Power of 5G: AT&T is America’s Most Reliable 5G Network1. AT&T currently offers 3 flavors of 5G*, which helps enable the network to reach its full potential.
- Supporting First Responders by Expanding the Nation’s Public Safety Network: FirstNet, Built with AT&T, is the only nationwide, high-speed broadband network built with and for America’s first responders. Today, we cover nearly all of Idaho with FirstNet – helping to connect public safety agencies and organizations in more than 50 communities across the state. It provides America’s first responders and the extended public safety community with truly dedicated coverage and capacity when they need it. FirstNet includes unique benefits like always-on priority and preemption, high-quality Band 14 spectrum and a one-of-a-kind 5G experience to keep public safety mission ready.
Here are a few highlights of the enhancements we’ve made in Idaho last year:
- March 2021 | We’ve improved public safety in Garden Valley with new FirstNet capable cell site infrastructure, helping to improve public safety for recreationalists and residents by increasing first responders’ capacity to communicate in the event of an emergency, including fire.
- September 2021 | Expanded our network in Lowman. Located in rural Idaho, Lowman is a popular attraction due to its proximity to the South Fork and Payette Rivers. This new AT&T cell site will help keep visitors connected as they explore this hidden gem in the Boise National Forest. Equipped with FirstNet B14 spectrum, the infrastructure will also give a major boost to public safety by providing a dedicated line of communication to first responders.
- November 2021 | Increased capacity on Meridian Rd & Chinden Blvd. Located near a highly active residential and commercial area in Meridian, this new cell site will enhance 3G LTE coverage and help improve capacity for residents, businesses, and nearby traffic.
1 AT&T awarded Best Network by GWS OneScore 2021. GWS conducts paid drive tests for AT&T and uses the data in its OneScore analysis. AT&T 5G requires compatible plan and device. 5G not available everywhere. Go to att.com/5Gforyou for details.
* To experience AT&T 5G+, you’ll need to be in a 5G+ coverage area, have a 5G+ capable device, and be on one of our plans that include 5G and 5G+ access at no extra charge. See att.com/unlimited for more details.
® FirstNet and the FirstNet logo are registered trademarks and service marks of the First Responder Network Authority. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
About AT&T Communications
We help family, friends and neighbors connect in meaningful ways every day. From the first phone call 140+ years ago to mobile video streaming, we @ATT innovate to improve lives. AT&T Communications is part of AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T). For more information, please visit us at att.com.