AT&T Investments Connect Communities
In Arkansas, we invested more than $650 million in our wireless and wireline networks from 2019-2021.
We know how important it is for our customers to stay connected. That’s why we’re focused on boosting network reliability and capacity as we expand our network nationwide. This helps residents get the best possible experience over the AT&T network where they live, work and play, as well as supporting first responders on FirstNet®.
We are also working closely with local communities and government leaders in Arkansas to expand access to fast and reliable internet. By combining the resources of the government and private sector, we can fast-track the closing of the digital divide regardless of income or zip code.
Committed to expanding connectivity, our investment focuses on all facets of the network—from fiber to 5G and FirstNet.
- Expanding Access to Fiber: To meet the demands for reliable, high-speed connections today – and in the future – we are investing in our fiber network. AT&T Fiber® is available to 17 million customer locations across our 21-state footprint – and offers speeds of up to 5-Gigs1 with equal upload and download across parts of its 100+ metros. We are marching toward our fiber expansion goal to cover 30 million customer locations across our footprint by year-end 2025. AT&T Fiber provides speed, bandwidth, reliability and security for consumers and businesses to enhance their internet experience for applications like video conferencing, virtual learning, telehealth, gaming and more.
- Affordability with Access from AT&T: AT&T is dedicated to making home internet more affordable for low-income households through its Access from AT&T program, which now provides new internet plans with up to 100 Mbps for $30 a month.2 When eligible households apply the Affordable Connectivity Program’s (ACP) federal benefit of up to $30/month to their Access from AT&T plan, they can get their internet for free.3
- Unlocking the Power of 5G: AT&T is America’s Most Reliable 5G Network4. AT&T currently offers 3 flavors of 5G*, which helps enable the network to reach its full potential.
- Supporting First Responders by Expanding the Nation’s Public Safety Network: FirstNet, Built with AT&T, is the only nationwide, high-speed broadband network built with and for America’s first responders. Today, we cover nearly all of Arkansas with FirstNet – helping to connect public safety agencies and organizations in more than 160 communities across the state. It provides America’s first responders and the extended public safety community with truly dedicated coverage and capacity when they need it. FirstNet includes unique benefits like always-on priority and preemption, high-quality Band 14 spectrum and a one-of-a-kind 5G experience to keep public safety mission ready.
Here are a few highlights of the enhancements we’ve made in Arkansas in the last few years:
- January 20, 2022| AT&T Ranks Highest in Network Quality in the Southwest. Learn more.
- January 13, 2021| The FirstNet Network Expands Across Arkansas to Advance Public Safety Communications Capabilities. Learn more.
1 Limited availability in select areas. Internet speed claims represent maximum wired network service capability speeds to the home and recommended setup. Actual customer speeds are not guaranteed. Single device wired speed maximum 4.7Gbps. For more information go to www.att.com/speed101
2 Access from AT&T is available only in the AT&T 21-state wireline footprint. You’ll receive the maximum speed available at your address. $30 Access plan includes unlimited data for households with speeds up to 100Mbps. $5 and $10 Access plans include 150GB or 1TB of data allowance per month depending on type & speed of service. You will be charged $10 for each add’l 50GB of data usage if you exceed your monthly data allowance, even if less than 50 gigabytes is used. For more information, go to att.com/internet-usage.
3 Terms, conditions and restrictions apply. Free with Access from AT&T 12-100Mbps plans only.
4 AT&T awarded Best Network by GWS OneScore 2021. GWS conducts paid drive tests for AT&T and uses the data in its OneScore analysis. AT&T 5G requires compatible plan and device. 5G not available everywhere. Go to att.com/5Gforyou for details.
* To experience AT&T 5G+, you’ll need to be in a 5G+ coverage area, have a 5G+ capable device, and be on one of our plans that include 5G and 5G+ access at no extra charge. See att.com/unlimited for more details.
® FirstNet and the FirstNet logo are registered trademarks and service marks of the First Responder Network Authority. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
About AT&T Communications
We help family, friends and neighbors connect in meaningful ways every day. From the first phone call 140+ years ago to mobile video streaming, we @ATT innovate to improve lives. AT&T Communications is part of AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T). For more information, please visit us at att.com.