- July 20, 2022 | AT&T Boosts Network Speeds for Tucson: AT&T customers and FirstNet® subscribers in Tucson got a big boost in wireless connectivity. In the first half of 2022, we’ve made dozens of network enhancements across Tucson to increase network coverage and capacity, and help give residents and first responders faster, more reliable wireless service. Our investment will help customers get the most out of their mobile devices.
- “We want our customers to have a great experience. With AT&T 4G LTE service, they’ll be able to experience better network connectivity while streaming video, sharing on social media or connecting virtually with family and friends. We consistently work to provide better coverage for the community and its first responders. And we’re investing in our wireless network to accomplish that,” said Toni Broberg – President, AT&T Desert States.
AT&T Investments Connect Communities
In Arizona, we invested more than $625 million in our wireless and wireline networks from 2019-2021.
Cities and communities throughout Arizona are impacted by this investment, including:
- More than $90 million in Tucson
- More than $375 million in Phoenix, Mesa, and Glendale
We know how important it is for our customers to stay connected. That’s why we’re focused on boosting network reliability and capacity as we expand our network nationwide. This helps residents get the best possible experience over the AT&T network where they live, work and play, as well as supporting first responders on FirstNet®.
We are also working closely with local communities and government leaders in Arizona to expand access to high-speed internet. By combining the resources of the government and private sector, we can fast-track the closing of the digital divide regardless of income or zip code.
- Unlocking the Power of 5G: AT&T is America’s Most Reliable 5G Network1. AT&T currently offers 3 flavors of 5G*, which helps enable the network to reach its full potential. Here’s how they work:
- AT&T 5G using low-band spectrum offers fast speeds and reaches more than 255 million people in more than 18,000 cities and towns in the U.S. including Phoenix.
- AT&T 5G+ recently introduced mid-band spectrum in limited parts of 8 metros nationwide, including Phoenix. This spectrum sits between our other 2 bands. The mid-band spectrum provides a great combination of ultra-fast speeds and wide geographic coverage.
- AT&T 5G+ using high-band (millimeter wave) spectrum delivers super-fast speeds and unprecedented performances in high traffic areas including parts of more than 45 cities and 35 stadiums and venues nationwide including State Farm Stadium in Glendale.
- Supporting First Responders by Expanding the Nation’s Public Safety Network: FirstNet, Built with AT&T, is the only nationwide, high-speed broadband network built with and for America’s first responders. Today, we cover nearly all of Arizona with FirstNet – helping to connect public safety agencies and organizations in more than 40 communities across the state. Since launching FirstNet, we’ve nearly doubled our coverage area in the state. And with Band 14 deployed on over 1,000 sites, Arizona first responders in communities such as Phoenix, Tucson, Coconino, Navajo and Yuma are currently benefitting from the truly dedicated coverage and capacity it provides when they need it.
Here are a few highlights of the enhancements we’ve made in Arizona this year:
- March 2022 | We’ve added a new cell site in Oak Creek Canyon to enhance the area’s 3G LTE coverage and help give residents and first responders faster, more reliable wireless service. This network enhancement in Oak Creek Canyon also brings FirstNet B14 spectrum to the area.
- February 2022 | Expanded coverage in Wickenburg. AT&T added a new cell tower in Wickenburg to enhance the area’s 3G LTE coverage and help give customers faster, more reliable wireless service, along with bringing FirstNet B14 spectrum to the area.
- January 2022 | Improved reliability in Coconino County. AT&T added two new cell sites in Fredonia and Forest Lakes. This is a huge network improvement for our customers as they move off the 2G/3G roaming experience and onto the AT&T LTE experience, with better coverage, faster data speeds, and improved reliability. These sites are also equipped with FirstNet B14 spectrum.
Limited availability in select areas. Internet speed claims represent maximum wired network service capability speeds to the home and recommended setup. Actual customer speeds are not guaranteed. Single device wired speed maximum 4.7Gbps. For more information go to www.att.com/speed101
1AT&T awarded Best Network by GWS OneScore 2021. GWS conducts paid drive tests for AT&T and uses the data in its OneScore analysis. AT&T 5G requires compatible plan and device. 5G not available everywhere. Go to att.com/5Gforyou for details.
* To experience AT&T 5G+, you’ll need to be in a 5G+ coverage area, have a 5G+ capable device, and be on one of our plans that include 5G and 5G+ access at no extra charge. See att.com/unlimited for more details.
® FirstNet and the FirstNet logo are registered trademarks and service marks of the First Responder Network Authority. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
About AT&T Communications
We help family, friends and neighbors connect in meaningful ways every day. From the first phone call 140+ years ago to mobile video streaming, we @ATT innovate to improve lives. AT&T Communications is part of AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T). For more information, please visit us at att.com.AT&T