“The smile from ear to ear just melted your heart.”
– James Edwards Jr., AT&T Chicago
Today we’re kicking off a celebration of local AT&T employees who are connecting our customers to greater possibilities.
It’s called the “The People of AT&T Chicago.”
Throughout the year, you’ll hear directly from our colleagues as they share insight into how we’re bridging the digital divide and why that work is meaningful for them. You’ll also hear personal stories from the workplace and AT&T-led volunteer events.
In honor of Black History Month, our first featured colleague is James Edwards Jr.
Did you know?
- AT&T employs 5,800 people across the state.
- We invested more than $1.8 billion in our best in-class wired and wireless networks in the Chicago market from 2020–2022.
- We’ve opened two AT&T Connected Learning Centers in Chicago, providing students, seniors, and families with free access to high-speed Internet, Wi-Fi, computers and technical resources. One is in East Garfield Park and another is in the Little Village neighborhood.
- AT&T provided nearly 1,700 free laptops or iPads devices to Illinois families in need since 2022.