Morris, Illinois is getting a major boost in their wireless communications for their first responders. The Police and Public Works Departments are now utilizing FirstNet®, Built with AT&T, to better connect public safety officials and provide critical network connectivity to those in the field.
Why it matters: When disaster strikes, communication is more important than ever. That’s why AT&T is committed to ensuring local safety officials can connect to the critical information they need.
The city of Morris joined FirstNet to provide first responders access to an entire public safety ecosystem of mission-ready tools and capabilities.
- Unlike commercial networks, FirstNet provides real, dedicated mobile broadband when needed with always-on priority and preemption for first responders.
- Morris officials also gained access to mission-critical solutions, connected devices and more than 100 dedicated assets in the FirstNet fleet, like the Satellite Cell on Light Truck (SatCOLT).
Chris Brown, Mayor of Morris, Illinois, recalled how “when the chips were down, FirstNet was there to help. They provided a ‘SatCOLT,’ which provided cell coverage during our emergency. The availability of this kind of tool, combined with the connectivity that our public safety community receives, makes FirstNet a no-brainer for us.”
FirstNet is the only nationwide, high-speed broadband communications platform dedicated to and purpose-built for America’s first responders and the extended public safety community.
- Morris officials joined the more than 19,500 public safety agencies and organizations that are using FirstNet services.
- FirstNet connections are growing, as we have more than 3 million FirstNet connections in service.
Moving forward: We’re actively building out additional sites to offer agencies of all sizes the reliable connectivity and modern communications tools they need as we work to keep first responders mission-ready.
- FirstNet’s coverage footprint now reaches more than 2.81 million square miles across the country, covering over 50,000 more square miles than the largest commercial networks.
- More than 15 counties across Illinois have FirstNet cell sites and we’re actively extending the reach of FirstNet to give agencies large and small the reliable, unthrottled connectivity and modern communications tools they need.
For more about the value FirstNet is bringing to public safety, check out FirstNet.com.
FirstNet numbers as of EOY 2021.