In an increasingly digital world, we need connectors as much as we need leaders – those who work hard to connect people with new, different and emerging opportunities. As the newest leader of AT&T Kentucky, there has never been a more important time for me to create connections for customers and stakeholders across the commonwealth.
And while the value of such connection is indisputable, some Americans are missing critical opportunities due to barriers to internet connectivity – such as access and affordability.
Through public-private partnerships and unprecedented funding made available by Congress, AT&T is building on years of investment to provide internet access to more Americans – no matter where they live.
That is why we are grateful that Oldham County, Kentucky has selected AT&T to build a state-of-the-art fiber network that will deliver high-speed internet to more than 20,000 households and businesses throughout the county.
Upon completion of the $33 million project, every home and small business in the county will have access to AT&T Fiber.
- AT&T Fiber is a 100% fiber optic network that is designed to bring fast and reliable connectivity to our customers to meet today’s demands – and tomorrow’s.
- Our network is the fastest internet among major providers1, delivering ample bandwidth for households and small businesses to run a multitude of connected devices at once.
- With true multi-gig speeds2 and symmetrical upload and download speeds, AT&T Fiber redefines how communities experience the internet and drives innovation in industries from education to entertainment.
- Extensive planning and engineering work is already underway, and we expect to start offering critical connectivity services to county residents and businesses by next year.
The potential for new economic opportunity will be immense when every house and local business has best-in-class fiber solutions – with impacts to education, the arts, culture and more. Bottom line: this is a project that puts the customer, neighbor and community at the forefront.
We’re also providing more affordable and accessible internet services to help close the digital divide.
- Through our participation in the FCC’s Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), eligible households can receive up to $30 off their AT&T service every month.
- And when eligible households pair the ACP benefit with the Access from AT&T program3, which provides plans of up to 100 Mbps for $30 per month, they can get their internet for free.
By working together to create pathways for accessible and affordable internet, community leaders and providers like AT&T can connect communities like Oldham County to more opportunities.
What’s next? Residents of Oldham County can sign up to be notified when service will be available at their address through our Notify Me service here.
Learn more about how AT&T fiber can support families and businesses in your area.
1 Fastest among major internet service providers, based on 5Gbps offering. Internet speed claims represent maximum wired network service capability speeds to the home and recommended setup. Actual customer speeds are not guaranteed. Single device wired speed maximum 4.7Gbps. For more information, go to www.att.com/speed101
2 Limited availability in select areas. Fastest among major internet service providers, based on 5Gbps offering. Internet speed claims represent maximum wired network service capability speeds to the home and recommended setup. Actual customer speeds are not guaranteed. Single device wired speed maximum 4.7Gbps. For more information go to www.att.com/speed101
3 Available in the 21 states where AT&T offers wireline home internet services.