Investing in our Communities
In Washington, DC, we invested nearly $200 million in our network infrastructure from 2020-2022 to connect more people to greater possibility.
We know how important it is for our customers to stay connected through life’s defining moments, whether you’re celebrating or grieving, learning or working, creating or sharing. That’s why we’re focused on boosting network reliability and capacity as we expand our network. We’re working to help residents get the best possible AT&T experience wherever they live, work and play.
Committed to expanding connectivity, our investment focuses on all facets of the network —including 5G and FirstNet,® Built with AT&T.
- Unlocking the Power of 5G: AT&T is America’s Most Reliable 5G Network1, connecting hundreds of millions of Americans to what matters most to them.
- From rural communities to urban areas, our overall wireless voice and data network covers more than 99% of all Americans, including Washington, DC.
- We’re working with businesses from manufacturing to healthcare to create new innovations and increase efficiencies with AT&T 5G.
- We’re ramping up performance in high traffic areas, such as airports, stadiums and venues, including Capital One Arena.
- Supporting First Responders by Expanding the Nation’s Public Safety Network: As America’s public safety’s communications partner, we’re giving more of the public safety community access to their network. With FirstNet, we’re helping to connect public safety agencies and organizations across the District of Columbia.
- FirstNet includes unique benefits like always-on priority and, for first responders, preemption, high-quality Band 14 spectrum and a one-of-a-kind 5G experience to keep public safety mission ready.
- We’ve rolled out Band 14 on sites across the District of Columbia to provide public safety with truly dedicated coverage and capacity when they need it.
- And it’s helped to launch new purpose-built FirstNet sites in places identified as priorities by local public safety officials.
At AT&T, we believe every American should be connected to the internet and we’re working with governments and non-profit organizations to make it happen. We’re on track to deliver on our $2B commitment between 2021-2023 to help bridge the digital divide and tackle barriers to broadband access, adoption and affordability.
- AT&T is participating in the FCC’s Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) to help make broadband more affordable for millions of American households. In Washington, DC eligible households can apply the federal benefit to AT&T wireless plans with data, such as PREPAID2 and Cricket Wireless.”
- We created AT&T Connected Learning to invest in digital inclusion, digital literacy and digital learning solutions to help today’s students and their families succeed wherever they learn – at home, in the community and in the classroom.
- In Washington, DC, we’ve held 7 digital literacy workshops and distributed 1,300 computers to students and their families as part of our commitment to help bridge the digital divide.
Good news is always great to share. Here are a few highlights from the last year in Washington, DC:
- April 7, 2023 |Faunteroy Community Enrichment Center, WildTech, Digitunity & AT&T Provide Free Digital Literacy Workshops for Washington, DC Residents – AT&T Connects (attconnects.com)
- March 8, 2023 |FirstNet, Built with AT&T is Connecting More First Responders Across the District of Columbia – AT&T Connects (attconnects.com)
To keep up with all the latest updates from AT&T in Washington, DC, follow us on Twitter @ATTPublicPolicy, at DC.att.com, and on LinkedIn.
1 Based on nationwide GWS drive test data. GWS conducts paid drive tests for AT&T and uses the data in its analysis. AT&T 5G requires compatible plan and device. 5G not available everywhere. Visit att.com/5Gforyou for details.
2 Limit of one ACP benefit per household
*AT&T 5G requires compatible plan and device. 5G not available everywhere. 5G+ is offered in limited locations in specific cities. Wireless technology varies by device. Go to att.com/5Gforyou for details.
*FirstNet and the FirstNet logo are registered trademarks and service marks of the First Responder Network Authority. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
We help more than 100 million U.S. families, friends and neighbors, plus nearly 2.5 million businesses, connect to greater possibility. From the first phone call 140+ years ago to our 5G wireless and multi-gig internet offerings today, we @ATT innovate to improve lives. For more information about AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T), please visit us at about.att.com. Investors can learn more at investors.att.com.