Investing in our Communities
In North Carolina, we invested more than $1.8 billion in our wireless and wireline network infrastructure from 2020-2022 to connect more people to greater possibility.
Cities and communities throughout North Carolina are seeing the impacts of this investment, including:
- Nearly $425 million in the Charlotte region;
- More than $375 million in the Triangle region;
- Nearly $200 million in the Triad region;
- Nearly $150 million in western North Carolina; and
- More than $110 million in eastern North Carolina.
We know how important it is for our customers to stay connected through life’s defining moments, whether you’re celebrating or grieving, learning or working, creating or sharing. That’s why we’re focused on boosting network reliability and capacity as we expand our network. We’re working to help residents get the best possible AT&T experience wherever they live, work and play.
Committed to expanding connectivity, our investment focuses on all facets of the network —including fiber, 5G and FirstNet,® Built with AT&T.
- Expanding Access to Fiber: To help meet the demands for reliable, high-speed connections today – and in the future – we’re investing in our fiber network1. With more than 4.2 million strand-miles of fiber optics in North Carolina, AT&T Fiber®is now available to over 1.08 million customer locations including: Burlington, Elon, Graham, Swepsonville, Leland, Oak Island, Asheville, Black Mountain, Woodfin, Morganton, Concord, Lenoir, Newton, Kings Mountain, Shelby, Midway, Durham, Clemmons, Winston-Salem, Belmont, Dallas, Gastonia, Lowell, Mount Holly, Greensboro, High Point, Stokesdale, Summerfield, Waynesville, Fletcher, Hendersonville, Davidson, Statesville, Lincolnton, Charlotte, Cornelius, Huntersville, Mint Hill, Pineville, Carolina Beach, Kure Beach, Wilmington, Wrightsville Beach, Carrboro, Chapel Hill, Rockingham, Lumberton, Reidsville, Salisbury, Spencer, Forest City, Apex, Cary, Garner, Holly Springs, Knightdale, Morrisville, Raleigh, Wendell, Zebulon, Goldsboro and Mount Olive.
- Beyond North Carolina, our fiber is available to 19.7M consumers and more than 3M business customer locations in 100+ U.S. metro areas.
- AT&T Fiber provides speed, reliability and value for consumers and businesses to enhance their internet experience for applications like video conferencing, virtual learning, telehealth, gaming and more.
- Unlocking the Power of 5G: AT&T is America’s Most Reliable 5G Network2, connecting hundreds of millions of Americans to what matters most to them.
- From rural communities to urban areas, our overall wireless voice and data network covers more than 99% of all Americans, including North Carolina.
- We’re working with businesses from manufacturing to healthcare to create new innovations and increase efficiencies with AT&T 5G.
- We’re ramping up performance in high traffic areas, such as airports, stadiums and venues across North Carolina. For less densely populated areas like Hickory, Goldsboro, Shelby or Laurinburg, we’re expanding our 5G network so people there can have access to reliable connectivity.
- Supporting First Responders by Expanding the Nation’s Public Safety Network: As America’s public safety’s communications partner, we’re giving more of the public safety community access to their network. With FirstNet, we’re helping connect first responders in more than 350 communities across the state.
- FirstNet includes unique benefits for first responders like always-on priority and preemption, high-quality Band 14 spectrum and a one-of-a-kind 5G experience to keep public safety mission ready.
- We’ve rolled out Band 14 on more than 1,700 sites across North Carolina to provide public safety with truly dedicated coverage and capacity when they need it. Areas currently benefiting from Band 14 include Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point, Charlotte, Gastonia, Raleigh, Durham, Fayetteville, Hickory, and Wilmington, as well as Cherokee, Ashe, Henderson, Anson, Chatham, Rockingham, Northampton, Camden, Harnett, Hoke, Sampson, Greene, Pitt and Cabarrus counties.
At AT&T, we believe every American should be connected to the internet and we’re working with governments and non-profit organizations to make it happen. We’re on track to deliver on our $2B commitment between 2021-2023 to help bridge the digital divide and tackle barriers to broadband access, adoption and affordability.
- We’re committed to providing affordable service for low-income households. The Access from AT&T plan– when combined with the federal Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) – can provide no-cost home internet service for eligible households3.
- We created AT&T Connected Learning to invest in digital inclusion, digital literacy and digital learning solutions to help today’s students and their families succeed wherever they learn – at home, in the community and in the classroom.
- With 23 Connected Learning Centers already open across the U.S., we’ve announced plans to reach 50 total centers nationwide, including at Boys & Girls Clubs.
- In North Carolina, we’ve opened 1 AT&T Connected Learning Center, held 7 digital literacy workshops and distributed 1,805 computers to students and their families as part of our commitment to help bridge the digital divide.
1 Internet speed claims represent maximum wired network service capability speeds to the home & recommended setup. Actual customer speeds are not guaranteed. Single device wired speed maximum 4.7Gbps. For more info go to https://www.att.com/speed101.
2 Based on nationwide GWS drive test data. GWS conducts paid drive tests for AT&T and uses the data in its analysis. AT&T 5G requires compatible plan and device. 5G not available everywhere. Visit att.com/5Gforyou for details.
3 Plans up to 100Mbps. Limited availability/areas. Free internet subject to household’s continued ACP eligibility and application of the ACP benefit to Access from AT&T plans.
*AT&T 5G requires compatible plan and device. 5G not available everywhere. 5G+ is offered in limited locations in specific cities. Wireless technology varies by device. Go to att.com/5Gforyou for details.
*FirstNet and the FirstNet logo are registered trademarks and service marks of the First Responder Network Authority. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
We help more than 100 million U.S. families, friends and neighbors, plus nearly 2.5 million businesses, connect to greater possibility. From the first phone call 140+ years ago to our 5G wireless and multi-gig internet offerings today, we @ATT innovate to improve lives. For more information about AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T), please visit us at about.att.com. Investors can learn more at investors.att.com.