Investing in our Communities
In Maine, we invested nearly $110 million in our wireless network infrastructure from 2020-2022 to connect more people to greater possibility.
We know how important it is for our customers to stay connected through life’s defining moments. That’s why we’re focused on boosting network reliability and capacity as we expand our network. We’re working to help residents get the best possible AT&T experience wherever they live, work and play.
Committed to expanding connectivity, our investment focuses on all facets of the network —including 5G and FirstNet,® Built with AT&T.
- Unlocking the Power of 5G: AT&T is America’s Most Reliable 5G Network,1 connecting hundreds of millions of Americans to what matters most to them.
- From rural communities to urban areas, our overall wireless voice and data network covers more than 99% of all Americans, including Maine.2
- We’re working with businesses from manufacturing to healthcare to create new innovations and increase efficiencies with AT&T 5G.
- We’re ramping up performance in high traffic areas, including airports, stadiums and venues.
- Supporting First Responders by Expanding the Nation’s Public Safety Network: As America’s public safety’s communications partner, we’re giving more of the public safety community access to their network. With FirstNet, we’re helping to connect first responders in more than 110 communities across the state.
- FirstNet includes unique benefits like always-on priority and, for first responders, preemption, high-quality Band 14 spectrum and a one-of-a-kind 5G experience to keep public safety mission ready.
- We’ve rolled out Band 14 on more than 400 sites across Maine to provide public safety with truly dedicated coverage and capacity when they need it. Areas currently benefiting from Band 14 include Bangor, as well as Oxford, Somerset, Kennebec and Washington counties.
At AT&T, we believe every American should be connected to the internet and we’re working with governments and non-profit organizations to make it happen. We’re on track to deliver on our $2B commitment between 2021-2023 to help bridge the digital divide and tackle barriers to broadband access, adoption and affordability.
- AT&T is participating in the FCC’s Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) to help make broadband more affordable for millions of American households. In Maine, eligible households can apply the federal benefit to AT&T wireless plans with data, such as PREPAID3 and Cricket Wireless.”
- We created AT&T Connected Learning to invest in digital inclusion, digital literacy and digital learning solutions to help today’s students and their families succeed wherever they learn – at home, in the community and in the classroom.
Good news is always great to share. Here are a few highlights from the last year in Maine:
- September 2022 | AT&T Supports First Responders in Maine with Comfort Dog Program. Learn More.
- September 2022 | AT&T donated 200 laptops to teens at Jobs for Maine Grads. Learn more.
- February 2022 | AT&T sponsored the Thomas Cup, which engages Maine high school students in various technology and innovation challenges. Learn more.
- July 11, 2023 | AT&T Boosts Network Speeds for Rural Maine: In the first six months of 2023, AT&T launched new cell towers and network enhancements in nearly a dozen locations across Northern Maine to enhance the area’s coverage and capacity for customers and first responders. These new sites are all located in Washington County and Aroostook County, bringing improved service to these most rural areas of the state. The new sites will also expand the areas of the state served by Band 14 spectrum. Read more.
1Based on nationwide GWS drive test data. GWS conducts paid drive tests for AT&T and uses the data in its analysis. AT&T 5G requires compatible plan and device. 5G not available everywhere. Visit att.com/5Gforyou for details.
2As of the end of the first quarter 2023 on March 31, 2023.
3Limit of one ACP benefit per household.
*FirstNet and the FirstNet logo are registered trademarks and service marks of the First Responder Network Authority. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
We help more than 100 million U.S. families, friends and neighbors, plus nearly 2.5 million businesses, connect to greater possibility. From the first phone call 140+ years ago to our 5G wireless and multi-gig internet offerings today, we @ATT innovate to improve lives. For more information about AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T), please visit us at about.att.com. Investors can learn more at investors.att.com.