Investing in our Communities
In Connecticut, we invested nearly $325 million in our wireless network infrastructure from 2020-2022 to connect more people to greater possibility.
Cities and communities throughout Connecticut are seeing the impacts of this investment, including:
- More than $70 million in Bridgeport/Stamford/Norwalk
- More than $60 million in New Haven/Milford
We know how important it is for our customers to stay connected through life’s defining moments. That’s why we’re focused on boosting network reliability and capacity as we expand our network. We’re working to help residents get the best possible AT&T experience wherever they live, work and play.
Committed to expanding connectivity, our investment focuses on all facets of the network —including 5G and FirstNet,® Built with AT&T.
- Unlocking the Power of 5G: AT&T is America’s Most Reliable 5G Network1, connecting hundreds of millions of Americans to what matters most to them.
- From rural communities to urban areas, our overall wireless voice and data network covers more than 99% of all Americans, including Connecticut.
- We’re working with businesses from manufacturing to healthcare to create new innovations and increase efficiencies with AT&T 5G.
- We’re ramping up performance in high traffic areas with 5G+ in cities like Hartford and West Haven.
- Supporting First Responders by Expanding the Nation’s Public Safety Network: As America’s public safety’s communications partner, we’re giving more of the public safety community access to their network. With FirstNet, we’re helping to connect first responders in more than 125 communities across the state.
- FirstNet includes unique benefits like always-on priority and, for first responders, preemption, high-quality Band 14 spectrum and a one-of-a-kind 5G experience to keep public safety mission ready.
- We’ve rolled out Band 14 on more than 400 sites across Connecticut to provide public safety with truly dedicated coverage and capacity when they need it. Areas currently benefiting from Band 14 include the Hartford-New Britain-Bristol area, the Bridgeport-Stamford-Norwalk-Danbury and the New London-Norwich area.
At AT&T, we believe every American should be connected to the internet and we’re working with governments and non-profit organizations to make it happen. We’re on track to deliver on our $2B commitment between 2021-2023 to help bridge the digital divide and tackle barriers to broadband access, adoption and affordability.
- AT&T is participating in the FCC’s Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) to help make broadband more affordable for millions of American households. In Connecticut, eligible households can apply the federal benefit to AT&T wireless plans with data, such as PREPAID2 and Cricket Wireless.”
- We created AT&T Connected Learning to invest in digital inclusion, digital literacy and digital learning solutions to help today’s students and their families succeed wherever they learn – at home, in the community and in the classroom.
Good news is always great to share. Here are a few highlights from the last year in Connecticut:
- September 2022 | Hartford Youth Scholars were granted $10,000 by AT&T Foundation to support two STEAM internship opportunities.
- July 2022 | AT&T provided a $10k Grant to Southern Connecticut State University to assist underrepresented students.
- July 11, 2023 | AT&T Boosts Network Speeds for Connecticut: In the first six months of 2023, AT&T launched new cell towers and network enhancements across Connecticut. These new resources in Hartford, Litchfield and Fairfield Counties will enhance coverage and capacity for customers. The new sites will also expand the areas of the state served by Band 14 spectrum. Read more.
1Based on nationwide GWS drive test data. GWS conducts paid drive tests for AT&T and uses the data in its analysis. AT&T 5G requires compatible plan and device. 5G not available everywhere. Visit att.com/5Gforyou for details.
2Limit of one ACP benefit per household.
*FirstNet and the FirstNet logo are registered trademarks and service marks of the First Responder Network Authority. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
We help more than 100 million U.S. families, friends and neighbors, plus nearly 2.5 million businesses, connect to greater possibility. From the first phone call 140+ years ago to our 5G wireless and multi-gig internet offerings today, we @ATT innovate to improve lives. For more information about AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T), please visit us at about.att.com. Investors can learn more at investors.att.com.