AT&T Investments Connect Communities
In Rhode Island, we invested nearly $60 million in our wireless networks from 2019-2021.
We know how important it is for our customers to stay connected. That’s why we’re focused on boosting network reliability and capacity as we expand our network nationwide. This helps residents get the best possible experience over the AT&T network where they live, work and play, as well as supporting first responders on FirstNet®.
We are also working closely with local communities and government leaders in Rhode Island to expand access to high-speed internet. By combining the resources of the government and private sector, we can fast-track the closing of the digital divide regardless of income or zip code.
- Supporting First Responders by Expanding the Nation’s Public Safety Network: FirstNet, Built with AT&T, is the only nationwide, high-speed broadband network built with and for America’s first responders. Today, we cover the entire state with FirstNet, Built with AT&T – helping to connect public safety agencies and organizations in more than 30 communities across Rhode Island. It provides America’s first responders and the extended public safety community with truly dedicated coverage and capacity when they need it. FirstNet includes unique benefits like always-on priority and preemption, high-quality Band 14 spectrum and a one-of-a-kind 5G experience to keep public safety mission ready.
Here are a few highlights of the enhancements we’ve made in Rhode Island in the last few years:
- January 13, 2022 | Smithfield – We’ve added a new, purpose-built FirstNet cell site in Smithfield, RI which will cover surrounding areas, neighborhoods and businesses.
- December 31, 2022 | Pascoag – We’ve added a new, purpose-built FirstNet cell site in Pascoag, RI which will cover surrounding areas, neighborhoods and businesses.
- August 11, 2021 | AT&T Delivers Portable FirstNet Units for Rhode Island First Responders – Rhode Island was the first state in the nation to receive FirstNet compact rapid deployables (CRDs), which were delivered in August 2022 to the Rhode Island Emergency Management Agency. As trailer-mounted mobile units, CRDs provide FirstNet cellular and Wi-Fi coverage via satellite connectivity to first responders wherever their mission takes them.
- June 2021 | New infrastructure will give Tiverton first responders a boost in connectivity. We’ve added a new, purpose-built FirstNet cell site in Tiverton, RI which will cover surrounding areas, neighborhoods and businesses. Learn more.