AT&T Investments Connect Communities
In Hawaii, we invested more than $150 million in our wireless network from 2019-2021.
We know how important it is for our customers to stay connected. That’s why we’re focused on boosting network reliability and capacity as we expand our network nationwide. This helps residents and visitors get the best possible experience over the AT&T network where they live, work and play, as well as supporting first responders on FirstNet®.
“AT&T is committed to investing in Hawaii to build state-of-the-art infrastructure that will keep people connected – from helping family and loved ones stay in touch to supporting first responder communications during a crisis,” said Elizabeth Songvilay, director, External Affairs, AT&T Hawaii. “By continuing to expand and improve our network, we are helping to ensure that our customers and communities across Hawaii stay connected.”
Committed to improving connectivity, our investment focuses on all network layers – from 5G to FirstNet.
- Unlocking the Power of 5G: AT&T is America’s Most Reliable 5G Network1. In Hawaii, AT&T currently offers 2 flavors of 5G*, which helps enable the network to reach its full potential. Here’s how they work:
- AT&T 5G using low-band spectrum offers fast speeds and reaches more than 281 million people in nearly 22,000 cities and towns in the U.S.
- AT&T 5G+ using high-band (millimeter wave) spectrum delivers super-fast speeds and unprecedented performances in high traffic areas including parts of more than 45 cities and more than 45 stadiums and venues.
- Supporting First Responders by Expanding the Nation’s Public Safety Network: FirstNet, Built with AT&T, is the only nationwide, high-speed broadband network built with and for America’s first responders. Today, FirstNet is available to connect public safety agencies and organizations across the State of Hawaii. It provides first responders and the extended public safety community with truly dedicated coverage and capacity when they need it. FirstNet includes unique benefits like always-on priority and preemption, high-quality Band 14 spectrum and a one-of-a-kind experience to keep public safety mission ready.
1 AT&T awarded Best Network by GWS OneScore 2021. GWS conducts paid drive tests for AT&T and uses the data in its OneScore analysis. AT&T 5G requires compatible plan and device. 5G not available everywhere. Go to att.com/5Gforyou for details.
* To experience AT&T 5G+, you’ll need to be in a 5G+ coverage area, have a 5G+ capable device, and be on one of our plans that include 5G and 5G+ access at no extra charge. See att.com/unlimited for more details.
® FirstNet and the FirstNet logo are registered trademarks and service marks of the First Responder Network Authority. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
About AT&T Communications
We help family, friends and neighbors connect in meaningful ways every day. From the first phone call 140+ years ago to mobile video streaming, we @ATT innovate to improve lives. AT&T Communications is part of AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T). For more information, please visit us at att.com.