What’s the news? AT&T* customers and FirstNet® subscribers in Pennsylvania got another boost in wireless connectivity. We’ve added new cell sites to enhance mobile broadband coverage across the state and help give residents and first responders on FirstNet faster, more reliable wireless service.
The new sites will help customers in the following communities get the most out of their mobile devices:
- Cambria County: This new site will provide additional coverage and capacity south of Johnstown along U.S. Highway 219 and Eisenhower Boulevard.
- Luzerne County: A new site in Freeland will improve coverage and capacity along Butler Drive and Terrace Road.
- Lycoming County: This new site will improve additional coverage and capacity west of Salladasburg along Routes 973 and 287, including Salladasburg Elementary School.
- Schuylkill County: A new site in Foster Township will provide additional coverage along Interstate 81 and Route 901.
- Wayne County: New sites will provide additional coverage and capacity for the town of Aldenville and south of Arlington along Sanctuary Road and to the Lacawac Sanctuary.
Why is this important? We know how important it is for our customers to stay connected. That’s why we’re also boosting network reliability and capacity as we expand our network. This helps Pennsylvania residents and visitors get the best possible experience over the AT&T network wherever they live, work and play. And it’s giving first responders on FirstNet – America’s public safety network – access to always-on, 24-hours-a-day priority and preemption across voice and data.
These enhancements also bring Band 14 spectrum to the area. Band 14 is nationwide, high-quality spectrum set aside by the government specifically for FirstNet. We look at Band 14 as public safety’s VIP lane. In an emergency, this band – or lane – can be cleared and locked just for FirstNet subscribers. When not in use by FirstNet subscribers, AT&T customers can enjoy Band 14’s added coverage and capacity.
Committed to our Networks: From 2018 to 2020, AT&T invested nearly $975 million in our wireless and wireline networks in Pennsylvania. These investments boost reliability, coverage, speed and overall performance for residents and their businesses. Visit Pennsylvania.att.com to learn more about other network upgrades across the state.
What is FirstNet? FirstNet is the only nationwide, high-speed broadband communications platform dedicated to and purpose-built for America’s first responders and the extended public safety community. It is built with AT&T in public-private partnership with the federal government. The FirstNet network is providing public safety with truly dedicated coverage and capacity when they need it, unique benefits like always-on priority and preemption, and high-quality Band 14 spectrum. These advanced capabilities help fire, EMS and law enforcement save lives and protect communities.
What people are saying:
“At AT&T, we’re continuing to invest in our network to make connections easier for residents, visitors, businesses and first responders in communities across Pennsylvania.”
David Kerr — President, AT&T Pennsylvania