During the COVID 19 pandemic, AT&T California is stepping forward to support California organizations that are serving California residents who are food-insecure during these difficult times.
As part of AT&T California’s $3.5 million* in donations to California nonprofit organizations, AT&T California is making more than $300,000 in donations to provide meals to students, families and seniors in need across California.
“We are honored to support organizations that are helping families deal with food insecurity during this public health crisis.”Rhonda Johnson – President, AT&T California
“AT&T believes that we can all play a part in helping our neighbors and our communities come through these challenging times,” said Rhonda Johnson, President-AT&T California. “We are honored to support organizations that are helping families deal with food insecurity during this public health crisis.”
The California organizations receiving funding include:
- Second Harvest Food Bank: Supports the purchase and distribution of food to families in Orange County in response to the increased demand due to the impact of COVID-19.
- Central CA Food Bank: Supports families in underserved and rural communities in Central California affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Click here to watch video.
- Los Angeles Regional Food Bank: AT&T’s support helps mobilizes resources to help people who need food assistance throughout Los Angeles County. Click here to watch video.
- LAUSD COVID-19 Summer Food Relief Meal Program: Funding helps provide food to Los Angeles families facing food insecurity throughout the LAUSD communities due to the coronavirus pandemic.
“AT&T’s contribution to the Los Angeles Regional Food Bank will help us continue providing for those in our community who need it the most. Because of the economic impact of the pandemic, we are seeing the need for food assistance markedly increase and appreciate this generous support of our mission to fight hunger in our community during this critical time,” said Michael Flood, President and CEO, Los Angeles Regional Food Bank.
Across the state, AT&T California has contributed more than $3.5 million* to community-based organizations that are providing relief to residents from underserved communities, front line health workers, public safety groups and small businesses that have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
AT&T’s support is part of AT&T Believes℠, a company-wide effort to make a meaningful impact in local communities. To learn more about how AT&T is supporting communities during the current crisis, visit https://about.att.com/pages/COVID-19.html.
* The company donated $1.875M, and the AT&T Foundation donated $1.625M of the $3.5M.